JP’s 100 Day Challenge: legs and feet

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge JP’s 100 Day Challenge: legs and feet

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Paul and André, Thank you for your feedback!

André, yes, I plan to keep drawing feet and legs all the way long, it feels to me that it’s the best way to improve.

Bon courage, à bientôt!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 7. It’s funny, I was thinking studying and drawing feet and hands feel to me like studying and drawing head/face: these three feature have a lot of different expressions, they can expressa lot of  different emotions, and each have a strong and distinctive personnality. It’s like the forearm and the leg play the same role to hand and foot than neck and torso for the head/face. Well, I’m tired. The challeng on the drawing was to “see” well as the model was upside down (I didn’t rotate the photo reference).

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 8. I still struggle with the transition beetween forms and the proportions (not to mention the rendering and everything else …) . But still enjoying this topic so far.

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think the volume of the forms and your use of values have improved already!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Ramona!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 9. I made a session af quick poses, then decided to copy a part of a Raphael’s drawing. I’ll try to copy more often, great exercise!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 10. Today I copied again after Raphael, witn sanguine. I struggle a lot with the rendering. I’m glad I did the leg too. I try not to forget the big shapes and directions. And I came to a conclusion: I’m not Raphael (I seriously thouht I was).

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

JJJJ
    Participant
    No points.

JP! Merci for the kind words on my challenge – yours is going quite well too! Everybody struggles with rendering. Keep going!

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 11. For this one, I had little time to draw, and I wanted to get the feet into the entire posture. I decided to draw from imagination, to draw as it comes and to share it as it is. It’s important for me to “get loose” and not woory too mucha about the result. And I wanted  to draw only for pleasure, wich I did. Yes, she has big hands and feet, but I like her like that.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 12. I worked after Michel Lauricella “Morpho” drawing books series.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 13. I did a series of quick sketches. These are the last ones.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Day 14. I spend more time today studying foot. I think i’m strating to have a better understanding of this feature. Still nice to work on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.