John H, 100 day challenge, Sketchbook time

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge John H, 100 day challenge, Sketchbook time

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21, I meant to get more time in on this today but I think I just got lazy. I got 20-30 minutes penciling in these light lines for this anatomy study. I am not sure if I will go ink from here or pencil or maybe Carbithello or something.

#100DayArtChallenge #PathToMastery #ink #Pencil #Sketchbook

ThomasDudeThomasDude
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am really liking the sketches. I look forward to seeing more.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22, I thought I would be able to finish this today but, like everything, it is taking longer than I thought it would. I decided to go with ink. It’s kind of going well I think so i will work on it more tomorrow maybe. Unless I do something else in another book.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23, I put in a little more work on this page. I have always liked working with ink, I like making thin lines I guess.
    So once the underlying structure was there it becomes the repetitious making of small lines which I guess I find relaxing in some respect.
    I also used a Pentel brush pen for the darker darks. Kind of fun but time to turn a page I think.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24, just a little bit of figure drawing this morning from a NMA video.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25, more figure drawing this morning, that might be all the sketchbooking I can get done today, about 25 minutes…

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26, the nice thing about Zoom meetings is you can do a little sketching on the side. For this one I was in my bedroom and I had thrown the clothes that were on the chair onto the bed and decided that was the subject to sketch for today.  Probably had about an hour into this though it doesn’t look like all that. But I did have to pay some attention to the meeting so there was that distraction…

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27, I put in some more time on the violets I started last week. Clearly I have a lot to learn about watercolors and gouache technique. After about 40 minutes again today it really doesn’t look much different than the last time I posted it.
    For some reason it seems to be crying out for some yellows. More brightness. Not sure how to get there.
    I might just leave this page alone but who knows, maybe I will pick it up later.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28 & 29, pencil sketching, more seeing of the shapes around me.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30 I penciled this in and then some ink lines but I think i will go with some color. Doesn’t look like much but there is my 30 minutes or so for day 30.
    This is in a small 7″x10″ sketch book.
    #100DayArtChallenge #PathToMastery #ink #Pencil #SketchbookDay 30

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31 and 32, working with the colors. I think slowly I am learning a little bit about mixing and working with the gouache. I am not sure where this is going but I figured I better get it posted. It’s been a busy couple days but I manage to get in 20 to 30 minutes a day and that is what my goal was in the beginning.

Day 31&32

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 33, I couldn’t leave it alone. I thought it needed brightening up and then I did some light ink lines here and there. I put in another 30 minutes on it this morning but I think I will leave it alone now.

Day 33

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 34, Some figure sketching today, pencil on paper

Day 34

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great work here. I see a tendency to focus on details over the major forms. Remember to try to see the big light and shadow break and the big forms and focus on those first only “rewarding” yourself with the details you need to better communicate.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for the comments Joshua, I think I understand what you are saying and I can see your point, I  will have to think about how to work on that…

Day 35 & 36, This is a page I have been working on for the last couple days, not sure what I was trying to accomplish here but I guess it’s just a sketch.

Day 35&36

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.