John H, 100 day challenge, Sketchbook time

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge John H, 100 day challenge, Sketchbook time

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the comments. Yes I need to think more about the overall composition of the page.
    The lower hand I was maybe in a hurry and the darks were dark and then I took out an ink pen… Well, there are more pages in the books to fill so I will carry on.

Dana SmithDana Smith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m really enjoying your sketches. I’ve also set myself a 15 challenge – to get back in the habit. 🙂

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks like my post this morning didn’t go through. Hopefully this wont end up as a double post

Just some figure drawing this morning, a few one minutes gesture sketches and then a longer one, probably 20 minutes altogether.
    #100DayArtChallenge #PathToMastery #ink #Pencil #Sketchbook

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are nice and loose John. Keep it up!

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14, sketching some violets sitting on the table as we were having out coffee this morning.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15, thinking about these violets some more… a little closer up. This one might take a few days but this is a start.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 16, Most times 15 turns into 30 pretty quickly but some days all I can do is get my 15 minutes in. Working on coloring this sketch of the violets.
    I had to take a picture after this for reference because the real life version is changing everyday with the new blooms.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17, more work on the violets. Still more to go but I will be away from this sketchbook for a few days… maybe I will eventually get back to it, maybe not.
    At any rate, here is where we stand today. I am still trying to figure out how to work with colors, I feel quite incompetent with color.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 18,  A light pencil sketch, getting back to some figure drawing. I don’t think I am capturing the movement as much as I would like but I am going to keep working at it.
    It’s really one of the things I am trying to accomplish, just capturing some movement or momentum in the human form. I am not even sure I know what that means but I know it when I see it in other artists work.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19, I stopped today as I was driving between jobs and made a small sketch. This is in a very small sketchbook that I keep in my truck.
    The sketch doesn’t really look like much now that I look at it again, but I was happy with myself for taking the time to pull off the road on a busy day and spend a few minutes sketching.
    This is something I need to do a lot more of. In the big picture I spent 20 minutes of my day here and it had no effect on my eventual output. I kind of wanted to do it again.
    I have to say I was hoping to find a couple swans in this little area of the river, I have been seeing them there a lot but not today.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hey, very cool John. Nice sketch! I like that A LOT! Stopping and sketching like that is what I almost never do. Great job. I’m really hoping this challenge gets me to do that kind of thing too!

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Paul, I bought a bunch of these tiny sketchbooks a while back thinking it would help me form a habit. Maybe I can start putting them to use regularly. Good luck with your challenge.

John Huisman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 20, this has been in the works for the last couple days but I am done with this page now I think. This is from one of the 3d models on the NMA website.
    This is a graphite in a  regular sketch book 8.5″X 11″ . Definitely a little stiff, I need to work on relaxing I think. A lot of tension when I am drawing.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by John Huisman.
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great work!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

pretty cool poses!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.