Jakob’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Figure Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Jakob’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Figure Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 219 total)
  • Author
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Jakob. Very cool watching your progress. I also like the way you’re analyzing your work. You seem to be good at stepping back and seeing ways to improve. I particularly like your thoughts on putting aside a drawing and looking at it a day later and then being able to see mistakes. I’ve noticed this too, but often am too impatient to do it so I plow ahead and render the heck out of a drawing, (or painting), only to see a day or two later that my proportions are off and now it’s too late to correct it!

Good job!

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am much happier with what I produced today than with the things I created over the last 2 days

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

There are a lot more mistakes I notice when I look at pictures of my drawings on a small mobile phone screen.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I saw the mistakes when I made them but somehow didnt fix it up and just went with it. These mistakes were more so decisions I made and that frustrated me.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by JakobJakob.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by JakobJakob.
    JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hey Jakob,

I really like that you’re doing these figure drawings and working to keep them structural. I’m attaching a draw-over with some pointers on what to keep in mind in terms of structure. What I do recommend is that as you keep working in this one, do try to do some strictly observation (and most importantly, tonal) exercises along side these to train not only your analytical skills and knowledge of anatomy, but also your observational skills.

Best,

Iliya

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for the feedback Iliya, I actually just “finished” the first parts of Steve Huston’s beginner class and will begin working on the third part about Light & Shadow now, where I will start working with tone.
    Most of my figures still look like they stand on a tilted plane and I have to work out my mistakes indicating the feet.
    Once I finish Steve’s beginner class I will definitely go through different courses from you, Glenn Vilppu and Rey Bustos to see what I can take away.
    Especially your Russian Drawing Course is very interesting to me because I really like of a lot of russian artists like you or Ivan Loginov and would like to learn more about your approach.

JakobJakob
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 219 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.