Isabella’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Humans

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Isabella’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Humans

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Isabella,

I for my part was also quite excited about the new additions to the Russian academic course. For me they are like a more forgiving gap closer in between the fundamentals and the anatomical lectures.

I also really like your overlays, this workshop seems to be interesting.

I’m curious to see how the workshop will influence your work 👋

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marcolino,

Thank you for your comments on my skeletal drawings. They were made only based on imagination, and what you pointed really helped me contrast what I had on my mind to how the skeleton actually is and see the parts I got wrong.
    Along with the cast drawings I’m doing, I plan to work more on the skeletal structure, drawing over photos and paintings, using references and knowledge from lessons on the subject.

Hi Cristopher,

I agree with you about the Russian academic course; the addition made a more comfortable progression between the lectures. It improved what was already an amazing course!
    As for the workshop, it’s really nice. They put lots of emphasis on repetition and draw overs. I particularly liked the assignment of drawing a simplified skeleton over paintings and photos.
    I hope it benefits my work, especially regarding mileage and understanding the structure in the forms.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 63

Started a second cast drawing, this time from David’s mouth.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 64 – 69

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hola Isabella, nice plane indication. Reminds me of Loomis’ page from his Figure Drawing book. Jesus’ knee on the right could be simplified a bit more. Try not to mix curves too much if you’re doing a strict plane study. Cool!

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marcolino, thanks for your comments! I’ll keep that in mind for future plane studies.
    Those studies were from the workshop I participated in; the teacher references lots of Loomis’ works. I’m finding it very interesting to see different approaches to figure drawing.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 70

I’m revisiting some basic concepts for proportions of the human body from I class I took years ago. Tomorrow it will be bone structure based on these schemes.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 71-74

I’ve been studying the schematic skeleton these last few days.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 75

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 76

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 77

Studying the skeleton from the dynamic anatomy figure

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 78

I started the cast drawing of the nose

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.