Isabella’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Humans

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Isabella’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Humans

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah, thank you 😄 !
    In the eye studies, I noticed that I had to exaggerate a little what I would draw. For example, I saw a curve; I tried to make it slightly more curved than what I would typically do, and I think that helped.
    As for Rogerio’s Lupos’s document, I’m delighted to know that you found it helpful!

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Now, about the challenge, I didn’t give up!

Here is what I’ve been up to in the last few days:

Day 47
    I attended an online workshop that will last 4 Wednesdays and which will require lots of box studies as homework; for now, here are some notes:

48 – 51

Ear study

Sketch from watching Iliya’s live stream on drawing drapery (Ok, not on the topic “human,” but I’ll count it anyways 😬)

Another ear drawing

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You’ve done terrific work in your challenge! Your anatomy and construction studies show a lot of growth. I really like your drapery study, too. You did a great job using triangular shapes to emphasize the plane changes as Iliya did in the live stream (I was watching too!). Practice drawing fabric will definitely be helpful for costumed figures, so I would agree that it counts for your challenge topic!

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jan, thank you for your comment!

That was my reasoning for including the live stream sketch as something in this challenge. Seeing some of his processes was beneficial for me because costumed figures are one of my main goals and something I want to draw confidently by the end of this challenge.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 52

This is part of the (huge) assignment for the workshop I mentioned. In this one, we must make studies over the figures from El Greco’s painting “The Burial of the Count of Orgaz” using box and cylindrical forms.

It is my second attempt, I have to to this one a few more times to get some angles right, improve the boxes; and then go into the other assignments.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 53

More structure studies over El Greco’s “The Burial of the Count of Orgaz” and  Luca Giordano’s “The Fall of the Rebel Angels”

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 54

I attended the online workshop but didn’t do much besides that because I was a little I’ll.

Day 55

I’m am very excited about the update of the Russian academic drawing course! So, I decided to start the cast drawings and carefully correct and developed them in the following days.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 56

I made some corrections

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 57

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 58

I wasn’t satisfied with how the first cast drawing was turning out; the paper was also a challenge because it was so thin. So,  I started again on a different paper.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 59

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 60

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 61

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 62

Quick studies over some paintings

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Isabella. Nice exercises you got going throughout.

I like that skeletal draw-over. Pay close attention to the curvature of the spine. The cervical section (Jesus’ neck) is too straight. Same for both lumbars of each. The Cervical and Lumbar actually curve out the other direction.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.