Isabella’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Humans

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Isabella’s 100-Day Art Challenge: Humans

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11

Still working on it

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 12

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13

Some faces I drew using references from Unsplash, trying to focus more on the structure before going to the details and also to be more aware of the planes of the face.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like these. 🙂 Didn’t know unsplash, they have a lot of good references, awesome.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks! 😄
    I’m happy you liked the site. I usually go there to get references and even inspiration when I need some.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14
    I was a bit rushed with this skull. Later, I want to improve the tones and make a new one in another angle with a more polished finish.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This weekend was quite busy. Yesterday I couldn’t even post anything. So, today I’m posting two drawings, one making up for yesterday and another for day 16.

I used references from the site Quickposes, starting with some gesture drawings, and after that, I spent some time to develop those two a little more.

Day 15

Day 16

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17

I studied a little of Anatomy.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 18

Today I drew some sketches using references from Quickposes.

This time I tried to use mostly pens and markers and avoid pencils (using it more to understand the form when needed). I can see some mistakes, but I’m happy overall. I liked more the sketches in the second row.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Really nice work. I would love to see you draw smaller fragments of the body, focusing on getting the forms and proportions and lighting to read clearly. It could be a nose, an ear, a finger, a shoulder. But spending more time analyzing less than an entire figure can be very helpful. Keep it up!

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks! I liked the idea of focusing on smaller areas.

So for today, day 19, I decided to draw some quick studies of the lower leg and feet, it was quite fun!

In the next days, with more time, I think I’ll draw even smaller fragments of the body, working on my rendering of form and light.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Isabella. I like this small parts study idea too. This foot study is really nice. Is the top one a ballerina? You’ll do amazing things in 100 days 🙂.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah, thanks for your comment!
    About the top foot being from a ballerina, I believe it is, given this somewhat strange position. This was my reference. I think I exaggerated the arch too much, and it also turned out small compared to the rest of the leg. But I really liked those studies overall.

I’m excited for the rest of the 100 days. 😊

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 20

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21

This time I did some digital sketches of noses and notes from the Vilppu lesson on head drawing. I wanted to revisit the basics, such as proportions and structure.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.