Free Student Video Critiques by NMA Instructors

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Free Student Video Critiques by NMA Instructors

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Ana Gonzalez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, Joshua. I am very new to forums, so if I sent my painting twice, I’m sorry. 😁

I just finished the painting of the dog and would appreciate any kind of critique.

Thanks.

Ana

GaryMGaryM
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for this opportunity. I joined a couple of months ago and already feel that I have developed quite a bit. I’ve attached some drawings based on the assignments and experimenting with different drawing media for critique.

Loving the courses on here.

Many thanks

Gary

MarcelI Meller
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

im having a lot of trouble showing value Help 🙁

josh0906
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you a critique would be amazing

p.m.kwietniewska
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

marc.crugnola
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone ! First, thanks to NMA to offer these free critiques, it’s great guys ! I try my luck with this portrait studies.

Sharon Bamber
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I would really appreciate a critique. I really want to like this painting but I`m finding it BORING. It was one of those quiet overcast days, no strong patterns of light and shadow nor a dramatic stormy sky to add drama, but there was a gentle beauty to the landscape. I usually paint  smaller en plein air, but this was one of my few attempts at a larger studio painting. Please help! Thank youFrench village landscape in soft pastel

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Sharon Bamber. Reason: internet connection having problems loading image
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Announcement: This thread is getting too long to manage so please post your critiques in individual topics: https://www.nma.art/forums/forum/art-artwork/open-critique/

Also we are trying to prioritize giving critiques to artists who are critiquing others so please share the support and knowledge!

Diane CameronDiane Cameron
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Alejandra, these are really nice drawings. You have a good eye. Once you start putting shadows under the objects you’ll be amazed at how it creates depth. Keep drawing, every day if you can. It’s the best way to improve—practice, practice, practice.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sandra, this is a beautiful painting. I love the soft colours you’ve used in the background and the brushwork that makes it look like pastel. Since the ear is closer to us than the eye, I think it needs as much definition as the eye.  Ears aren’t hard to draw once you get the hang of it.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, I really like your long study. The only thing I notice is that the ear looks a bit short but other than that it’s a beautiful portrait. Your shorter drawings answer the question What’s the person doing? and show movement, which is great. Keep practicing, you’re doing really well!

diana florence
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi! i hope to get critique please, would help if anybody could to be honest, and i know my contrast is a bit off.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Diana, can you post this to a new topic. It will help us stay organized.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi John, nice portrait! Since our eye is drawn to the hair because it’s so bright, I think that if you put more contrast in her hair by showing the change in value such as at the level of her neck, you’d create more volume in the hair and it would harmonize with the face and be a more pleasing overall image. I’d also give more attention to at least the top half of her neck to act as a base for the image, otherwise it looks a bit cut off.  It’s nice that you used coloured paper–good choice!  Keep at it, your rendering of the face shows that you have a very good eye.

groovehappy
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, I am a professional artist and I love trying to improve my anatomy.  Please feel free to critique the anatomy of the figures in these two works.  Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘Free Student Video Critiques by NMA Instructors’ is closed to new replies.