Free Student Video Critiques by NMA Instructors

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Free Student Video Critiques by NMA Instructors

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    sekirenart
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello!

I do feel like I could use some help to progress myself too.

I am seriously not as far as many of you there, but I hope to get some corrections, advice, or even generally a way to ensure that I don’t reproduce the same mistake.

I did a bunch of gesture studies, and I ended up being happy that I finally don’t feel stiffness in my drawings anymore, but I admit that I have an issue still, with the body in space, and proportions.

Please advise on what I can do to correct this.

Here is the artwork that I would kindly appreciate for feedback on:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by sekirenart.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by sekirenart.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Jeremy Lefebvre
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beth Wells
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there, I’d love a critique on this

AnnetteAnnette
    Participant
    No points.

Hi NMA instructors, Thank you so much for offering this opportunity. You are certainly making a bad situation much more bearable. Here is my first try at a ‘portrait’ of a bulldog soft toy.I wanted to try using a real life model and this was what was at hand. I usually stick to painting landscapes as a hobby and so I am out of my comfort zone! Was lots of fun (and very absorbing!).

JulianIlly
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Joshua,

thanks a lot for taking the time. I have to spend my drawing time more with other projects at the moment, but it is always a good idea to go back to figure drawing.

I hope I can post more, but for now here is one figure I did from imagination while listening to the first critique session 😀

best regards,

Julian

craigmullins
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for offering this!  I appreciate it.  It’s funny but I went through a bunch of images and if I was honest with myself, there was always something that I saw that I could fix.  Never looked at them before from the standpoint of being critiqued.  This one still has problems for me though.

AnnetteAnnette
    Participant
    No points.

Holy Moly, craigmullians that is beautiful!

Joshua, Should we be making new posts or just adding to this one?

Alejandra Pérez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Alejandra Pérez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sorry I forgot to write in the prior one. These are assignments from the begginers course of drawing. it would be amazing if I receive feedback

Alejandra Pérez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Alejandra Pérez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

SandraRondaSandraRonda
    Participant
    No points.

Hi.
    This is a painting that I was inspired to do based on a photo in the NMA images vault.

Thank you for offering this amazing opportunity for those of us hunkering down at home!

🙂 Sandra

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by SandraRondaSandraRonda.
    Alessandra Bonvicini
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Joshua, I’m so looking forward to to your critique… A real gift in this unthinkable, terribly difficult times.

This is my second oil portrait. I feel stuck into my inexperience… After this, I start doing some drawings try to understand proportion… but I really would like to go back to oil portraits.

A

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Alessandra Bonvicini. Reason: Image is so tiny. Please help!)
    Mengu Gungor
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much for doing this. I wasn’t sure what stage is better for a critique, so here are a few, with varying amounts of time spent and different stages. Feel free to pick any one. Again, I really appreciate this.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Wow—so much awesome work here. Thank you everyone and keep posting. You can post here or do it as a your own thread in this category.

Our next critique video will be by NMA instructor Iliya Mirochnik!

Keep posting and if you have something constructive (no pun intended) to contribute to other artists here feel free to comment.

Dietmar,

You’re very welcome. Keep drawing and don’t keep your art a secret. The more you share the more you will realize that improving isn’t as daunting as it seems.

Robert, awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘Free Student Video Critiques by NMA Instructors’ is closed to new replies.