Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah, great stuff with these perspective drawings. I’ve been enjoying your progress, its like we get to see a little more of a puzzle each time.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for your kind words Natalie 🙂. I enjoy perspective drawing, but I know many don’t, so I’m glad you find it interesting.
    Day 53: This week has been ridiculously busy for me and now I’ve gone and pulled a muscle in my back 🙄, making drawing interesting. Before I did so however, I got out and started work on a botanical drawing I began some time ago, as this is still (after much thought) the direction I want to continue in. This is a fragment – it’s quite a large drawing. Forgive its being off topic, but it’s all I have to post for now. That being said, I do need to make time for this and I can’t do everything, so it may need to make an appearance every now and then.

D Harback 053

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Debbie H.
    DebraDebra
    Participant
    No points.

This is beautiful Deborah! So delicate, I love being able to see just the contour, so simple really. It looks like colored pencils, a very nice harmony.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Debra 🙂. You’re correct – I’m using FC Polychromos colour pencils. I had considered layering levels of foliage with colour and graphite (whether in this drawing or others); simple contour can also be nice. Thanks for your thoughts.

Day 54: Back to this perspective drawing, which I’m going to call done because I can’t sit for long to work at the moment. I’m trying to do enough after following his instruction that I check I’ve internalised what he’s teaching. Eg In this one, I followed him for the first two buildings and then did the next ones on my own before watching again to check.

D Harback 054

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah. I was lurking here the past week. I looove your sensitive line-work for those hands. Also this whole thread reminds me to hit Perspective HAAARD! >_<

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah,

you achieved some impressive mileage with those perspective drawings and I really love your recent botanical drawing. I think it shows how much your practise has already paid off because in my opinion it shows the traits I already admire in your studys like your delicate line work, so good job 👍👋

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marcolino. Thank you – that’s very kind of you! Yes, perspective certainly takes a lot of concentration and effort. I’ve found that by going systematically through the course and making sure I understand the work as I go (and take enough notes to refer back to), it’s making sense without causing too much trouble.

Thank you so much Christopher. I’m glad you like it and am grateful for your encouragement!

Day 55: the beginnings of a new hands drawing, on fairly textured white paper this time. It’s a bit scrappy at this stage, but I’ll clean it up.

D Harback 055

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 56: A very small amount of progress. Still scrappy.

D Harback 056

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 56/57: I made some structural changes as well as beginning to render. I‘m making slow progress with this because my back’s still playing up and a there are a thousand things going on. I did work on this both days but didn’t get time to post yesterday. I’ve changed over to my Caran d’Ache pencils which, for this textured paper, give me smoother rendering results without having to blend. There’s still a way to go on the finish.

D Harback 057

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

You are doing great Deborah! These hands are so beautifully done, so sensitive you feel you just want to touch them. How long does it take you to draw the structure and then to render? Really well done!

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Deborah. Your recent work looks great 🙂. Sorry to hear about your back trouble. I hope you feel better soon.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Gordan. Thank you for your kind words. I’m pretty slow. I spend a lot of time observing and drawing subtleties and just allow myself to take as long as I need. I haven’t counted, but I’d say I’ve spent about five hours on this so far; about half and half drawing/rendering. I’m gradually getting quicker at drawing accurately, so that’s helping. Normally I could do this much in a day or two, but my days have been so busy recently.

Thank you Bryan 🙂. Great to see you back (no pun intended!)! My back was pretty good today, so hopefully that’s behind me.

Day 58: one hand more or less complete. Out of interest, this measures 28 x 20cm / 11 x 8”. I’d like to go bigger another time.

D Harback 058

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 59: Complete.

D Harback 059

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful! Not sure if it’s the lighting conditions of the image, but I would’ve popped out those highlights and darken those darks more. But alas, you gotta move forward. 🙂 😉

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

These are great.  Hope that your back is better.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.