Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 10: Welcome to my perfectly measured chaos 😆! I am so thankful for layers in Procreate! Measured one point perspective. I started off with Erik Olson’s lesson, but I chose to do my own design so I’d have to solve all of the perspective problems myself. It’s good fun. I just have to draw chairs into the boxes now, draw some details and get rid of the construction lines.

D Harback 010

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11: It looks so simple, it’s a bit deflating really!
    D Harback 011

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Really enjoying these studies Deborah. Keep it up!

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It looks really good. I can see how hard you worked to get there 🙂

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Nice drawing.  Now have some fun with it and draw over it using different line qualities, add details, put some people in there, and what ever else you want to make it come alive. – Maybe angle the chairbacks and legs so they are not straight up and down and angle the rug so it is not parallel with the floorboard lines.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yeah, awesome work. Try “dressing up” your perspective drawing. Ghost down that layer and try sketching in light, details, objects. Try to make the scene feel more natural and complex even if you know it’s just one point perspective. That’s a big part of craft. It’s “selling” the illusion!

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you everybody 🙂. I try to post before your midnight, but I didn’t get to start on this today until afternoon and then I got carried away. There’s so much more I could do – lots more objects, angling some of the chairs, wood texture, shadows, giving the poor boy some toys! However, this is the first time I’ve drawn people from imagination and though they’re still weak, I think there’s a nice connection between mother and child. I struggled with the procreate pencils – the procreate pencil is really dark and the peppermint and ‘Derwent’ pencils are really thin and light. Hence why the people are so pale. I’ll work on adjusting one to make it more ‘pencil like’. This still looks like a display home, but I’ll stop now or I’ll never post! I’m looking forward to doing more of these. It was fun.

Day 12:

D Harback 012

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Debbie H.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Debbie H.
    erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Sweet!

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Erik.

Day 13: Checking how much head drawing information I’ve retained. This wasn’t as laborious as it used to be, so some, it seems. I’ve just noticed that the neck on the right is too thin. I’m drawing from the 3D model. I’m very keen to become more fluent at head drawing, so will do more of these. This detail paper photographs terribly because of its wrinkly surface. This is a scan and isn’t much better so I’ll find different paper for tomorrow.

D Harback 013

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks good 🙂

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Bryan 🙂.

Day 14: Two more heads from the NMA model.

D Harback 014

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15: …and two more

D Harback 015

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah,

As usual I just love your anatomical stuff. What I was wondering about these heads drawn from the 3d model, is there a specific reason why you only include the eye sockets, the zygomatic and the mandible? Does the model look that simplified?

Don’t get me wrong I think it looks really cool and is a interesting way to simplify it 👋

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Christopher. Thanks for your kind words 🙂! No, the 3D model is definitely not simplified – it is very detailed. My aim is to be able to draw the head. I need lots of practice to feel familiar with the head from different angles, and like you, I want them to be structurally accurate. I’m choosing to do simplified skulls at the moment simply so I can draw multiple heads a day rather than labouring over one every three days. I don’t want to sacrifice accuracy for the sake of speed. In choosing how to simplify, I’m basically choosing just the major bones that inform the primary corners and shapes in the face, as I see them. I’m drawing the skull first, then drawing the head around and over the skull, then drawing in the features (eyes, nose, mouth, ears); building, in essence from the framework outward.

Tonight I added a third head to this day 15 page. I think tomorrow I’ll render them. It’s all just practice and trying to gain fluency in whatever way seems helpful 🙂.

Isabella Borges
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Deborah. I saw that you did a fantastic job on your previous 100-day challenge, and I’m excited to follow this new one!
    I love the way you carefully study and make notes, and it shows on your drawings how much you improved. It inspired me to do something like this in my own studies. I also liked the head drawings you’ve been making 😊

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.