Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Marcolino and Erik. My back is much better, thank you 🙂.

Day 60: Looking up at sky scrapers in 2 point perspective. I’ll do more with this tomorrow.

D Harback 060

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 61: Some more work on this one.

D Harback 061

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 62: Drawing 30/60/90 degree triangles parallel to the ground plane and working out how to know which angle is which!

D Harback 062

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Damn…

I assume you’re working on a massive drafting table and using rulers/t-squares for these constructions?

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marcolino. Actually I’m doing my perspective work in Procreate on my iPad. I found and imported a .png of a protractor and ruler so I can measure and draw angles. I also drew myself a 30/60/90 degree triangle. I use all of these on separate layers which I can turn on and off/flip/scale/rotate.

Day 63: I’m really tired at the moment with a lot going on, so my output is a slow crawl. Perspective drawing has been something of a break because it doesn’t require any emotional input, but I couldn’t face more of that today either. After 160 days thereabouts, I’m beginning to find showing up to this challenge, well, challenging. I need something of a break. For a complete change, I decided to try a botanical in watercolour for the first time. I’ll keep working on this tomorrow. I’m determined to finish, but I need to find ways to keep myself fresh. The change is nice. It’s harder than colour pencils because it goes down more quickly and therefore requires more forward planning. My brain isn’t up to forward planning at the moment, so I’m just going to enjoy the change and not expect too much. My apologies for my lack of participation in the comments at the moment.

D Harback 063

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Deborah,

Take a couple of weeks off!  You’ll be glad you did.  You have my permission.  Sometimes in our drive to get better, the fun starts draining out of our art process.  You should feel like, “I can’t wait to sit down and do some art”  when you are creating.  When that starts to go away, (and it naturally happens to everyone from time to time) its time to step back and give things a rest.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 64: Lily of the Valley (Reference photo courtesy of B Showell). Thank you Erik for your kind comments. I’d still like to persevere, but I will give myself permission to take time off from the intense drawing by changing focus for a bit. I’ll see how I go – if I still feel burned out in a few days, I’ll consider a break. I finished this painting today and the joy came back, so that’s a good sign.

D Harback 064

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 65 & 66: I decided to have a short break away from drawing/painting and made a sketchbook/journal instead.

D Harback 066

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Deborah,

I can see the Albrecht Durer influence in your latest work. Very cool 🙂. Making a sketchbook is a good idea. What kind of paper did you choose? What medium(s) do you plan to use?

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Bryan 🙂. The paper I’ve used is a recycled 120gsm Fabriano drawing paper. They’re good for ink and pencils. The nice thing about making them is that you can put whatever paper you want in them to make them ideal for whatever you want to use them for.

Day 67: Some rough hand sketching today from Steve’s assignment lesson. I’d like to get back into his lessons. I’m hopeful I’ll be able to spend more time drawing tomorrow.

D Harback 067

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 68: I really enjoyed sketching this one. It’s a little more complicated than I’ve done before, both because the hands are intertwined and because of the foreshortening. Hands are so expressive!

D Harback 068

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 69: I spent some more time working on this today. Because I haven’t worked on it for a fair while, I’d forgotten which colours I was using, so part of getting back into the swing of this was working out how I’d done what I had done. I didn’t quite get it worked out last time when I posted it. I think I have that sorted now, so things should go more quickly from here.

D Harback 069

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Debbie H.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Debbie H.
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 70: More progress. Out of interest, my original freehand drawing for this was on drawing paper, which I then inked to get it to show through this heavy paper using a light box. It was still barely visible, thus the graphite drawing you see here is vague and only moderately accurate. Thus, I’m refining the drawing as I go as well as rendering it.

This plant is an Australian native, a species of melaleuca, or tea tree. It’s a pretty unassuming shrubby plant, but I’m finding that I am seeing the beauty of it as I explore it through this drawing. That is the joy of drawing for me – I see what I otherwise just pass over, and the world becomes more beautiful.

D Harback 070

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 71: More of the same. I’m limping through the last weeks of this challenge. My dad is in his last days of life. Could be today, tomorrow, a few days time. Only God knows. I wish I was able to comment on everyone’s amazing work, but I can’t just now. You’re all doing an amazing job. I’ll post as I can. Thanks.

D Harback 071

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good use of a break Deborah!   The sketchbook looks nice!  Are you working in it already?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.