Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Deborah’s 100 Days of People and Perspective Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 42: I’ve been coming down with a horrid virus (not Covid) for a couple of days that I’ve finally surrendered to and am going to bed. All I’ve done is put some finishing touches on this drawing; I’ll look at it again when I can think straight.
    D Harback 042

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Debbie H.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Debbie H.
    DebraDebra
    Participant
    No points.

These hands are so delicate! Beautifully constructed and the paper you’ve chosen really brings out a certain feel, reminds me of Watteau or Fragonard.

I hope you feel better soon!

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Deb!

Day 43: This is it from me today. It’s the beginnings of a spiral staircase.

D Harback 043

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 44: One spiral staircase. I’ve wanted to do one of these for ages! There were some mistakes in the day 43 ellipse set up so don’t pay attention to it (except now of course you will 😜!). The one thing I’m still not quite sure of in this case is how you can/can’t get reference points; ie which points on the ground circle you go through to find a particular RP. I need to think it through. It’s basic comprehension of how a reference point works and choosing and creating the correct planes to find the next bit of information. My brain’s tired! This one was hard work!

D Harback 044

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Congratulations!  I had to do this one 3 times before I got it right.  It is indeed a bear!  Now do it again and change the eye level and station point. (LOL)

For reference points, just remember that all parallel lines recede to a common vanishing point.  For example, if you have a figure and you draw a line from the foot to somewhere on the horizon, then draw a line from the head to the same point somewhere on the horizon, you have created a parallel plane that is the height of your figure all the way back in space (or the width if the figure is lying down).

MarianoMariano
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congrats for this brave challenge. Amazing works on hands and perspective.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Erik. You’re on 😉! It would be good for me. I get the parallel lines making planes bit; what I haven’t got yet is that sometimes Erik went through the two outer corners of the ‘pie piece’  of the stair section he was working on to make a RP and sometimes he used the corners of two  or three pieces. Actually, it’s just dawned on me – I think he goes from the base of one of the true height measuring lines (centre, right or left) through the base of the vertical he wants to find a point on, choosing one that keeps the RP on the page. That forms the plane you’re talking about, on which you can then find the required points that fall on that plane. Am I correct? It wouldn’t matter which ML I used would it, because as long as the plane intercepts the vertical I need to find, it will be correct going in either direction…? I will do it again – my head’s a little muddled! I tried to keep a step (literally 😅) ahead of Erik, but had to follow his choice of RPs; I’ll try on my own this time and go back for help as I need it. You should post one too 🙂!

Mariano, thank you! I appreciate your kind words.

Day 45: I’m getting better but I kind of crashed again today. Just one hand construction for today.

D Harback 045

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 46: The set up for a new spiral staircase. I’ve changed the horizon line and vanishing point whilst trying to keep it mostly within the cone of vision, although I’ve added a third more stairs, so the top is outside the cone and there will be some distortion. I’m trying to do this one on my own. I’ll see how far I get before I need to go back to the lectures for help. That way I have to do my own problem solving and understand what I’m doing!

D Harback 046

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 47: Progress. I haven’t looked for help so far. It’s been good to puzzle it through. I think I understand what I’m doing 😆!

D Harback 047

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 48: Construction. I actually managed to figure it out without help. I’m glad I did it again; if I had left it at one I wouldn’t have internalised it. I understand how the planes work now and how to choose planes for construction.

D Harback 048

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 48b: Construction removed

D Harback 048b

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 49: One very scrappy hand construction. I’m literally racing to pack  – we’re visiting family for the weekend. I hope to find a small bit of time to draw whilst I’m away, but if not, I’ll catch up when I get home. Happy drawing everyone 🙂

D Harback 049

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 50: I had hoped I’d have more to show for day 50, but this will have to do for today. It’s the beginning of an aerial view of a street with buildings in 2 point perspective.

D Harback 050

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 51: I spent a lot of today working on a portrait of one of my friends’ children, which I can’t post. What I can show is a little more progress on yesterday’s perspective drawing.

D Harback 051

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 52: More portrait drawing today and more puzzling out this aerial 2 point perspective.

D Harback 052

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.