Basic Tools and Materials

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Basic Tools and Materials

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    HollaceHollace
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, I’m Hollace. I like to paint colorful stuff. Most comfortable in expressive, folksy waters, I’m enthralled with dream symbols, spooky alchemical art, retablos, Shaker “gift drawings”, tarot, entoptic phenomena, migraine art, and the intersection of art and ethnobotany. Looking forward to building fundamental drawing skills that will enrich my practice. Here’s a photo of my workspace.

Olivia Kennedy
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! my name is Olivia and live in Melbourne Australia, one of my favorite artists is Monet & Van Gough and my favorite illustrator is Kentaro Miura. I have been doing art on and of all my life and currently enjoy doing abstract/expressive paintings/drawings with mixed media, I love to play with colour and express myself freely. I really look forward to learning all the new skills from the teachers.

here are some art works I have done lately and my studio 🙂

SARAH MARTIN
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello everyone! I am an 18-year-old Highschool Grad that hopes to one day master Animation and Figure drawing. I have been wanting to better myself at art since I was in the 6th grade! My passion in art started from seeing Anime and Mangas and was fueled by seeing students in my class draw and some fashion designs my big sister had in her notebook. Over the course of my journey through learning art, I have developed more of an open mind to the different forms of art to the point where I am be willing to give it all a try. But for right now, my main focuses are Traditional, Digital, and Animation! There’s been a lot of obstacles in my goals, but I have learned to overcome them. I like to have fun while learning and not stress myself out. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Mary Lynne Beckley
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, I just started this module today and am very excited about it.  I’ve been in love with drawing my whole life, starting when I was four years old and drew what looked to me like my thumb!  I was mesmerized by this little drawing experience then and kept drawing — and have been drawing off and on ever since, taking time to undertake a few art classes at the local arts center, but never taking classes in a formal format – from the foundational to advanced skills – like this site offers.  I gravitate toward drawing faces, and my goal is to master portrait art.

Miguel Vargas
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I really enjoyed the introduction to the course and the tools of the trade. The focus on the mental aspects of art was refreshing. Being reminded to step back and go easy on yourself while still focusing on improvement hit me specifically. I also learned a lot about the different kinds of pencils and charcoal tools- many of which I’ve never heard of. It’s great that reasonable alternatives were brought up for some of the more expensive materials needed. Overall great starting course

Martti Heinonen
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, I am Martti from Finland. I am interested in anatomy and perspective. I want to move from drawing to painting and concentrate on the use of outline in a painting. I think outline is something you can touch. Here is a painting I did in year 2000.

Tampere, Pispala

Claudette H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,

My name is Claudette. I have taken art classes in the SoCal area, still very much a beginner. I am looking forward to trying the NMA program.

work area sample

Benjamin Fosu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, my name is Benjamin and I love to draw and hope to get somewhere with it. My first goal is to get better at the fundamentals of art I feel like at my age I should’ve gotten it by now and yet I still struggle with it, especially lighting and perspective. I’m a studio art major, and with that, I had to use different mediums such as drawing, ceramics, painting, and so on. I started painting in acrylic this year and have gotten better at it color-wise although I want to get better at translating it with different mediums. I especially want to get better at figure drawing and remove the fear of drawing the figure. My inspirations are Rubens, Caravaggio, Ahmed Aldoori, Hiro Mashima, and Exellero just to name a few. Hopefully, I’ll learn a lot and find a field to specialize in to become the best I could be.

MeganMegan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! My name is Megan. I have always loved art and drawing. After high school, I went to college to major in Art but never finished my degree. That was 10 years ago and since then I have struggled to stay consistent with my art. I am highly critical of myself and its hard for me to practice at times. I am now in college part-time for graphic design, but I dream of being a freelance illustrator. I will be choosing that track after the beginner module. Last year I took a local figure drawing class, so I actually already had a lot of tools on the material list. I am very excited. Here is my setup and some recent-ish drawings.

Ennaqach Hassna
    Participant
    No points.

I m very happy to join NMA community, i m hassna a self tought artist from morroco, i was interested in art since i was a child but did never give enought time to improve my skills and became a professionnal artist, i ve been learning mainly from youtube’s tutorials and art books but it wasnt enough and i suffered from lack of professionnal guidance.
    so now that i feel ready to comit, i decided to join NMA for an academic art learning from A to Z so i can build solid khnowledge in drawin and painting to be able to translate all my ideas on canevas and be more free and creative in expressing myself in art.
    here are some photos of my work space and my artworks

Desk

Saule Tanasheva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello My name is Saule, from Kazakhstan living in Switzerland. I liked to draw portraits at school, it was 25 years ago. I like craft, photography, nature. I am new to drawing and I have only few works done in the class. I like watercolor and pastel landscapes and portraits. I tried some online courses, tutorials but I couldn’t advance as I felt lonely.
    I joined NMA to have a steady organized journey and because of community/ family of artist students and teachers.
    I am not a master yet but I hope.

Beginning

Lisa Aponte
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello my name is Lisa and I’m from Puerto Rico. I started to draw this year after losing my motivation to draw for very long. I hope that following the course guide of NMA, it  can get me to a point where I’m satisfied and I can put all my ideas on paper. Here are some drawings that I did this year.

Vase

ClothBananaScissors

Landscape

David MaDavid Ma
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, I’m David.

I was raised on Cartoon Network and the Super Nintendo. I’m studying to create comics.

My inspirations are Eiichiro Oda and Bruce Timm.

Happy New Year!

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.