Basic Tools and Materials

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Basic Tools and Materials

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Mya Jeffers
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all! After months of doubting and questioning my artistic abilities, I decided to join NMA because as a beginner, why not!?

I loved drawing for a multitude of reasons back when I was a kid. I was heavily inspired by manga drawings from Naoko Takeuchi and Akira Toriyama, two inspirational anime pioneers that I credit heavily for my interest in art. My brother made great little cartoons and my uncle was a great painter who sold majority of his paintings, I strongly believe artistic creativity is my calling since I am pursuing in the UI and graphics arts sector as a career in the future.

I randomly stopped drawing in my teens and years later now that I’m officially an adult, I decided to make it my hobby and my dream to become a fantastic artist by practicing, learning, and continuously learning and trying all kinds of mediums, from graphite, ink, to paint.

At this point, I am in my infant stage and I see the potential in me to become a great artist. I believe NMA will help me break out of being scared of perfectionism in art and mold me into a better, polished artist!

My inspirations are Kentaro Miura, Junji Ito, Caravaggio, Leonardo da Vinci, Masayuki Taguchi, and Vincent Van Gogh.

Here is my first head sketch study!:

Katherine Smith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! I’m Katie, I’ve been an artist all my life and I currently work as an elementary art teacher. I just joined NMA to work on my personal artwork by increasing my skills as an artist. I’m really interested in landscape painting with gouache and acrylics. I decided to start with this drawing course to brush up on a few skills before diving into more intense painting courses. Excited to get started!

watermelon slices

Roberto Mata
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi! im Roberto Mata, im an illsutrator from México and i have a Graphic design degree, but always wanted to keep studying art.

My favorite material to use is inks in many of it applications, like fineliners, nibs, brushes etc.

i like to read comics and manga as they have been a big influence on my artstyle, my biggest influences are Yoji shinkawa, Kentaro Miura, Tsutomo Nihei, Kaoru Mori and Moebius

i also like to use a tablet to make digital art, my tablet of choice is a wacom Intuos pro and a wacom intuos,

im looking forward to learning a lot and getting to know everyone in the community.

i also share add some of my art and some of my tools, i imporvised a drawing pad for the moment and started using it with a wood chair i found at home

best wishes.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Roberto Mata.
    Jodi Murphy
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Charcoal portrait

Hi All, I’m new to the programme and I’m hoping to improve my drawing and painting skills. I started drawing last year and love charcoals and pastels. I’ve been painting for a couple of years with acrylics but started playing with oils in February. I love landscapes and my favourite thing to do is make little watercolour sketches when I’m out and about to explore composition of larger pieces.

Dillon JonesDillon Jones
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, こんにちは~。My name is Dillon, I am an aspiring 3D artist that wants to work on games and/or animated films in the future. I have a long road ahead of me and am glad I found NMA. I am here to develop my ability to draw which is something I always needed to do, but never have quite done it yet. Below is a low poly buster sword from FFVII that I am working on (still needs to be sculpted and textured properly) and a random sketch of an anime like character. I am going to do my best to become a more well rounded artist, and look forward to what I can learn here on NMA.

(ところで日本語を話せます。だから時々俺は日本語を使います。)

Low Poly Buster Sword

Random Anime Sketch

Vanessa Faria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all, my name is Vanessa and I’m from Portugal. As a teenager I always liked to draw but didn’t take it too seriously so I can’t really draw that well. I decided I want to draw again and make real progress and be able to make beautiful art.  I’m very excited to start this course 🙂

I have most of the materials needed and I am ready to start learning.

My attempt at drawing portraits

Robert Ribeiro
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

haha! Yes, Steve is great! He is packed full of very hnelpful and valuable knowledge!

Chauncey Holder
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Heyoo, I am Chauncey Holder From Virginia, USA. I am decently new to drawing, or the Idea of Drawing. Right now I don’t have anything to share right now but hopefully Ill be able to bulid up skills to share some artwork.

Maha Al Baker
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! My name is Maha. I am here to hopefully improve my skills and be able to keep doing my passion.

Katherine Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi my name is Katherine I have been doing art for a while and I am so stoked to start this journey 😁

Ebun Oluwole
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,

My name is Ebun, I love art and drawing and want to learn more 🙂

Daria TKOCZ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello!

My name is Daria and I am an aspiring concept artist. I decided to start from scratch and I am excited to follow this course!

Here you can have some of my pencil portraits!

Luana DiasLuana Dias
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello, my name is Luana. I use to draw as a child and I already tried to start some drawing courses around 12 years ago but had to stop for some personal reasons. Wanted to keep going now. It’s something I always enjoyed to do.

Emily Hunter
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, I’m Emily. I generally doodle, but hoped to gain some basic drawing skills with this course to help my paint in the future. Also, I hope to get better at drawing faces.

Jonathon Boazman
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, my name is Jonathon. I’m here to learn, improve and broaden my horizons. Look forward to seeing everything these courses have to offer. Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.