1oo day art challenge w/ @iamjakeroo

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 1oo day art challenge w/ @iamjakeroo

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi iamjakeroo,

I don’t know if you do more a day than what you are showing here but what I would suggest is to maybe step back and concentrate more on the core process. If you maybe just try to focus on the lay in meaning gesture + structure while considering proportions you could maybe fit more than one figure in the same time therefore getting more mileage and in the end improve your accuracy faster.

If you are leaning more towards the observational methods where you focus more on capturing what you see exactly than forget everything I said 😅

By the way speaking of methods, just out of curiosity which courses/lessons are you following?

Anyway keep up the good work I’m interested to see how your figures are going to change/improve 👍👋

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey Christopher,

i don’t quite understand what you mean by “core process, but I appreciate the suggestions

and at the moment, I’m going through the Russian drawing courses

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o1o
    day o1o .

i need to get in the habit again of setting up boarders for myself, so I don’t end up drawing off the pages… oops

also, I had to catch a train today, so I was in a rush (which led to making numerous mistakes)

looking forward to redoing this one again soon

Shannon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow, great goals and work, Jake..

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi what I meant by core process was basically just the first steps of a drawing like gesture & structure or “lay in”.

I know that you don’t shade your drawings at the moment so technically these are lay ins. Don’t get me wrong I like them and I don’t necessarily think that you need to change something. I just thought if you aren’t happy with your accuracy and because of your starting post it sounds like your are doing one longer study a day, you could step back and try to do quicker ones with less detail so that you can do more per day and therefore improving your accuracy faster.

Sorry if my English is difficult to understand, I hope that was better.

So basically I think what you’re are doing is fine I just thought going for quantity for a while could help you to specifically focus on accuracy.

But anyway just keep at it 👍👋

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thank you, Shannon!

i’m glad you enjoy my artwork

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hi Christopher,

thanks for explaining yourself thoroughly, I understand what you meant in your last post now 👍

again, I appreciate the suggestions

best of luck to you, buddy

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o11
    day o11 .

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o12
    day o12 .

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o13
    day o13 .

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are improving. My advice is focus more on gesture and don’t put tones onto the drawings unless you have a very idea of the value design. Shadow vs light side. Core shadow vs cast. You are being careful about your accuracy and shapes but also be careful and clear with that.

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o14
    day o14 .

took a trip out of the city for a few days, so I’m playing catch-up today..

went back to an old habit while drawing these (making unnecessary lines)

though I like this look and style, I’m trying to step away from it for the time being

on this last drawing of mine (day o14), I decided not to do much pre-measuring

just went with trusting my better judgment and drawing with intention (happy with the results)

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey Joshua,

i feel that shadow vs light and core shadow vs cast shadow is my Kryptonite

if you have any recommendations of courses/lessons or books that focus specifically on this subject, I’m open to your suggestions

thanks for the advice and I’ll do my best to put it into my daily practice

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o15
    day o15 .

today I started with a simple gesture drawing and then went back to make adjustments

using this method of laying in my figures, not only saves time, but helps me build trust in my abilities

i don’t really have much else to say about this drawing..

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

day o16
    day o16 .

i was able to do this lay-in pretty smoothly (with little to no frustration)

really enjoy doing a number of these a each day, though I only post my first attempt

also, I noticed that my gesture drawings have improved greatly because of this practice and vice versa

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.