100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

And another shift in style.
    088:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

089:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Had a rough time with this one till I got halfway through the painting. I think I’m loosing motivation now that it is coming to the end.
    The expression was really tough to draw. It was too subtle for the linework, I think.
    090:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

091:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I was really enjoying ‘inking’ this piece I’m the beginning, so I decided to go with it. It took as long to do the clean linework as some of the other full paintings.
    092:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

There is a style or technique of drawing that I don’t know the name of, but the artists allow the shadow mass to blur and lighten up dramatically, while making the start of the shadow very defined.
    Here is my attempt at that.
    93:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I tried to keep everything in the shadows very blurry and indistinct, while exaggerating the contrast in the lit parts.
    094:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

095:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Went for a caricature today, I wanted something easier today. though it still took me a ton of back and forth.

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

097:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

098/099. I did these two as a joined portrait over two days as a fun bit before the last one tomorrow.

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

And done.
    I had decided to do the first one again to see the growth (if any) throughout the 100 days. While I was painting it, I didn’t look back at the original, and I was feeling down. I thought it wasn’t shaping up much better. Once finished however, I was shocked at how bad the first one was. I clearly spent much more time on the new one, but besides that was the ease and confidence I approached the final one.
    I’m going to take a break from this for a bit, but I will definitely be doing more of these multi-day challenges. It is such a great way to build up the habit of making art daily.
    100:

JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

Congratulations Kevin, I’ve enjoyed looking at your daily posts – you’ve demonstrated great dedication and improvement!

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.