100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

3/4s done!

075:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Another one of the faces without much direct light. This is still a challenge and learning point for me so I pick ones to focus on.
    076:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Had a tough time mustering enthusiasm for this one after the sketch phase. All of the painting felt tedious. Maybe because I did it in a hotel room.
    077:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Went with a caricature to try to have more fun while still stuck in a hotel.
    078:

CompositeComposite
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Kevin, great work with these drawings! Thank you very much for your comments on my 100 day challenge too! I didn’t realise that you’d provided some valuable critique to me on New Year’s Day as I went into the Beginner’s Guide to Drawing class and that was my focus until I completed it recently.

I thought I’d check out your work and I really admire your commitment to drawing something for the challenge every day! Mine has been a bit haphazard so I’d like to make time for it as you clearly have. It’s inspiring to see what you’ve done! I’d love to keep going so I can bring my skill up, as I have a very long way to go. Looking forward to seeing you complete the challenge, you’re getting towards the finish line soon!

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I started this one in the car, so I went to go cartoony to be “easy”. Was a mistake, took forever to finish it later and was very difficult for me.
    079:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Had to rush this one cause I was running out of time tonight.
    080:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

081:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

not really sure what to say today.
    082:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Didn’t have WiFi yesterday to post this.
    Did most of this one on a plane back home. I finished up the drawing in monochrome, but I wanted to keep going so I added a color layer.
    083:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Trying to focus on the contrast between light and dark again, blowing out the lights. Lots of layers for the smoke.
    084:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Not my best work, but still plugging along. Just a couple more weeks.
    085:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This one came together interestingly. The drawing was good from the very early stages. Then when I painted I used a lot of colors and combinations I haven’t been. It felt sort of unnatural to do some of  it, but I’m really glad I persevered because the end painting intrigues me.
    86:

abracadabraabracadabra
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh my god – your progress is INCREDIBLE! I mean, I admire even your early ones, but so inspiring to see them just get better and better. I love how you style them, even when you’re not doing caricatures. And what a great resource for pictures, thank you for sharing Earthsworld. I can’t imagine being able to draw any of these in a day! Your dedication is inspiring and clearly paying off.

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks so much for the kind words.

I went a very different way today from yesterday. It’s a real part of the fun for me to do whatever comes when looking at the photo.
    087:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.