100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

• This topic has 102 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by JackJack.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

One month down.
    031:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

032:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

1/3 done. I’m really happy because over the past week this has become a habit. I wake up and sit on the couch with the dog and iPad without having to push myself.
    033:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler.
    Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

034:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’ve had a tendency to have very saturated colors in the skin in these studies. After my last color one had a better balance, I tried to focus on that today. But it was tough, didn’t sleep well so I’m dragging today.
    035:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

037:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

037:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

tried for a cartoony approach again. This one I’m way happier with. Started off with standard line work and fill, but then came back over the whole piece with a ‘Charcoal’ brush. I like the soft look over exaggerated forms.
    038:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I loved this guy’s smile and tried hard to capture it.
    039:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Tried to focus on two things on this one. Getting more texture into the brushes and brushwork, and trying to knock back detail in the shadows.  This is something I feel is definitely a place to keep improving for myself. I always end up with details in both the lit and shadow portions, rather than choosing one. This is something Iliya talked about in his digital painting live course, that I want to take to heart.
    040:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

041:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Since I’m trying to use this challenge to try new techniques and styles, I started this one off differently than my normal method. I did a very loose continuous line sketch (trying to not lift the stylus up till I was done) Then did a grisalle in browns

042:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Another experiment with techniques, trying for a more charcoal and  pastel approach. Also trying to focus again on difference between light and shadows, this time by making sure I added more detail and contrast to the lit portions.

043:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It was a crazy day where I kept getting pulled away and had to come back to this for a just bit at a time. In the end I’m pretty pleased.
    044:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Procreate doesn’t have the tools I would want to be as geometric as I was hoping with this one, but I want to stick with it for the full 100 days.
    045:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.