100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day’s of Earthsworld portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Tried using the same scribbling rendering as day 52, as I haven’t found a quick way to do a wrinkly face.
    I guess it is improvement that I am unhappy with paintings that look better than my early ones. 🙂
    061:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

There are 3 photos of the same man that I like, so the next two days will be the same.
    062:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Same person, but I drew this one in a higher key. Then I layered on top with multiply to get the darker for the hat/shirt.

063:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Last of this man. I really enjoyed these three days, trying such a similar thing with slightly different approaches was a growth opportunity.
    After the initial sketch on this one I decided to try to make this one more delicate. I’m glad I did, my first idea was a much darker more contrast-y one.
    064:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This one wandered around a bit,  it really sure if I like the way it ended.
    065:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

An attempt to focus on a cooler tone painting. A majority of my stuff seems to go very warm, so I intentionally pushed myself away.
    I also went straight to paint on just a single layer, trying to mimic an Alla Prima approach with no erasing, but smudging and painting over mistakes and changes.
    066:

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are amazing Kevin, you should share these on the NMA discord too 🙂

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Some of these people are so strange, I need to do caricatures of them. Cause painting normal would just look like a weak caricature. 🙂

067:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I tried to just punch this one up a bit. Both in color and expression.
    068:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This was another one where I worked on it for just a little bit at a time all day long. I find that taking the first break ends up with a better drawing, but too many really drains my enthusiasm to finish.
    069:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Had a really tough time with this one. Between the lack of good lighting and the angle of the head I never was really satisfied.
    070:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Mixing it up with another caricature.

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I was happy with this one. I shifted colors around, but it still feels natural to me.
    072:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Did this one on an airplane, was challenging to do. I tried to focus on the hair and beard.

073:

Kevin DoblerKevin Dobler
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I tried this one more digital, did a greyscale painting and then a colorize layer on top. But I really wasn’t happy with the way it worked out – probably would have been easier and quicker to just paint it outright.
    074:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 103 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.