[COMPLETED] Birgith’s 100 Day Challenge: Still life painting

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge [COMPLETED] Birgith’s 100 Day Challenge: Still life painting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Birgith ScheiBirgith Schei
    Participant
    No points.

Due to the corona crisis with spending a lot of time at home, I have allready started to paint still life paintings in acrylic. My challenge is to continue with this for 100 days. The aim is to paint the items as correct as possible, with special focus on the round elements, which I find difficult to equal. In addition I start each painting process by drawing an item without looking at the paper I write on.
    The attached photo shows a 40 x 40 cm acrylic on canvas painting which I started to paint some days ago. I have to finish the tomatoes and make some corrections here and there. My plan is to get ready with this painting today.Still life no 1

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    AlexandraAlexandra
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

This is beautiful Birgith. I can’t wait to see all of your work over the next 100 days.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Yes! Those cylinders are working better, btw! Keep it up!

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow Birgith, this is already coming along so well! I’m assuming you’ll be working in layers? Would be interesting to here a bit about your process too, particularly when it comes to acrylics.

Looking forward to your progress updates 🙂

Participant
    No points.

Thanks, all of you  for inspiring comments. Here is the day 2 status.

AlexandraAlexandra
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

This is really coming along. It is very inspiring to see this progress. Very nice work on those tomatoes.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice! It will be fun seeing you move forward with this.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

How do you like working with acrylics?

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

looks like its coming along really well 🙂

Participant
    No points.

To Lucero: I prefer acrylic paint before oil, because I can clean my brushes with water. Besides I avoid breathing in solvents. I found the colours of earlier acrylics  showy. However, nowadays I have no problems with the colours, neither mixing myself or buying already mixed colours. Some of the acrylics dry very quickly. That may have advantages. Some dry more slowly. For my newest paintings I have used Golden Open, which dries more slowly. I find this type more convenient as it gives a  more oil painting like image. There are several media you can add to the acrylics to get different effects.

Participant
    No points.

I have set the recently showed still life painting to rest for a while and started a new one. This is my 3rd day challenge

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looking forward to see how you build up a still life painting with acrylics

Participant
    No points.

Day 4 of my 100 day’s challenge. Progress status.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good progress. Good lay down and improvements on your ellipses.

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Birgith,

I absolutely love these still life paintings! Your texture and colour choices are really striking. I could see these hanging in a cafe because they really create a sense of atmosphere. I would recommend checking out the work of illustrator Gary Kelley if you like this kind of image, because his colour choices really remind me of yours. Keep up the great work. Can’t wait to see more!

Dane

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.