Ramona’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Figure Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Ramona’s 100 Day Art Challenge: Figure Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for your suggestion Jean-Pierre, Croquis Cafe is actually a source I frequently use and I like it a lot!

Today I did a pastel portrait from imagination (which I personally think is looking rather dull, but I see slight improvements) and I also started to dive into strengthening drawing from memory. Basically, I looked one minute at the poses and then tried to draw them without reference, then a second time with reference. I will try to include one of these to my daily drawing habit.

Day 38:

Day 38

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This week is dedicated to the neck! I slightly adjusted my approach and started the week with necks from imagination and some questions that came to my mind. I’m going to draw it again by the end of this week to see if I could internalize at least a few of the anatomical concepts.

I watched a video about the bony parts and took some notes, I also included two examples of the look at reference/ draw without reference/ draw with reference exercise.

Day 39:

Day 39

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Learning more about the anatomy of the neck, and trying to simplify with instructions.

Day 40:

Day 40

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I started watching Rey Bustos’ anatomy lessons on the head and neck, and I think I already learned a lot about the anatomy of the neck and the face this week, although I wanted to focus solely on the neck.

In the beginning of this challenge, the anatomy lessons overwhelmed me, but I noticed that I can follow those more easily now. I know it will hours and years until all of this information will sink in and can be used freely from imagination, but already having heard and seen the names and basic shapes of the most important anatomical points in this area feels like I have accomplished something. I actually enjoy these in-depth anatomy instructions.

Day 41:

Day 41

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m continuing my perspective practices on Thursdays and its very difficult to me :’D The rotated box practice twisted my brain. I started with the 250 boxes challenge, hopefully this will help me.

Day 42:

Day 42

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here’s some of today’s croquis cafe, lower one was done without a time limit.

Day 43:

Day 43

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Today was a little bit tired art day, day 44!

Day 44

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The first week of my anatomy deep dive has ended and I revised the neck drawing from imagination to compare it with the one from the start of this week.

During this challenge, I also learn a lot about learning and I think my plan still lacks the part where all of this new skill sets and information are applied to a finished piece that is not purely made for the sake of practice. I hope that I can incorporate some finished drawings from now on as well.

Day 45:

Day 44

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi ramona, thanks for the comment on my thread 🙂 your gestures are looking quite good…uve already improved big time since you started your challenge….its also good to see you practising perspective…i also do that from time to time…You were saying you watched glenns videos on gesture but were a bit overwhelmed by them…my tip would be to watch them over and over i think ive watched the gesture ones about 10 times by now xD and of course try to do as many drawing as possible, it also helps to draw the same pose over and over, sometimes i also just dont use a timer to take the pressure off a bit but i still just try to focus on the movement and basic forms and strictly no details…it is hard to grasp and switch your brain to thinking of the movement rather than the contours, i also still struggle with that but definitely not as much as a few months ago….draw along with the videos and just keep trying :). i do gestures now every morning as a warm up, i use the daily drawing sessions here on nma

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Lucas, thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely watch them from time to time from now on! Drawing poses without a timer feels actually better and if the method of Glenn Vilppu’s is applied more often, it should sink in after a while!

I saw many things from a fresher perspective when I started it watching for a second time today.

Not so much drawing done these last couple of days and feeling a little bit tired, but I hope I can restore my energy from now on!

Day 46:

Day 46

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I tried to draw slower and more mindful today, which was kind of refreshing.

Day 47:

Day 47

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Today I had not much time, so just a quick sketch!

Day 48:

Day 48

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Continuation of the box challenge and more poses!

Day 49:

Day 49

Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

Bravo Ramona, you almost walked half way! I can see improvment in your drawings. Do your perspective courses help you with the figure and the head? It seems to be so in your head drawings…

Bon courage, à bientôt!

Ramona
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks for your comment Jean-Pierre!

Today is day 50, so half of the challenge is done! Well, it will definitely continue afterwards and this daily drawing habit is surely something I want to keep even if the challenge is over. I’m really glad that I started with this challenge and thank for everyone’s feedback so far!

The pose was done from imagination, but I looked up the Croquis Cafe model Jorgie for the facial features. And yes, I was evasive on the hands and feet!

Day 50:

Day 50

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 141 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.