Natacha’s 100 Day Challenge : Animal Drawings

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Natacha’s 100 Day Challenge : Animal Drawings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

My last topic disappeared when I edited the first post last time so  that’s why I’m creating another thread. Sorry if I missed something about how posting topics or editing

Hello ! I’m Natacha, a student. The first course I’m actually taking is about the animals from Glenn Vilppu : hence this challenge.
    It’s so interesting, I never understood how to draw animals quickly, so fluid, I always was dependent on a reference pic.
    So this course really taught me a lot, tho I still didn’t finish it !

Have a nice day

PS : Don’t hesitate to comment, I will be glad to hear your feedback

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I started this challenge as I started the course on my own : May 22th and I count these days in so the first few posts will be “before”

DAY1 * 22/05/2020 ( I did a quick montage so that the pics are not too heavy)

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 2 * 23/05/2020

The cats are horrible on these. I did them on the evening, I was taking the lessons about dogs and cats the day after.

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 3 – 24/05/2020
    Also I take 5min to do the assignments pages ; other than that I don’t look at the time but I take about 10-20min for the others.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Natacha. These look good! Animals are a challenge. I like the way you’re studying their anatomy and structure and their movement and personalities. Have you see Paula’s animal drawing thread? She’s absolutely amazing. I think you’d really enjoy it and hopefully be inspired.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Oh, one other thing. If you could get a little better lighting the pictures of our work it would be easier for us to appreciate your efforts. I’d like to see them better.

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Paul, thank you ! Sure it’s a challenge, but the course make it so simple to understand how their bodies are build. Now it’s just about practice, practice and practice (and also knowing better about their muscles/bones structure).

Yes I saw Paula’s thread, very inspiring ! 🙂

True I understand, I always finish my drawings in the evening hence the bad lighting but I’m gonna make sure to have better light now

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 4 – 25/05/2020

Today I began the lesson about grazing animals, I drew some cats and dogs since I didn’t draw them much yesterday.
    I put a chrono this time to make sure I took not more than 10min for each one.

I tried to take a better picture but I know it’s still not that

Here it is :

Paula BPaula B
    Participant
    No points.

Very nice drawings, Natacha! I really like the dog on the lower left corner on day 4.

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh thank you very much Paula !  🙂

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are great! I agree that it would be good to have better lighting so we can appreciate the line work more clearly.

Debbie H
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Natacha,

These are beautiful! Very expressive and alive. I’m glad you’re enjoying the course – I would also like to do it one day. I’ll keep up with what you’re doing in the challenge – it’s lovely.

Deborah

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have trouble posting. I already post 2 comments one hour ago with the pictures but it didn’t seem to show. I don’t want to post too much because if they all appear in the same time, I wouldn’t flood my thread. I’m going to wait and if it’s still not working I will post on the “trouble posting” my problem.

Thank you Joshua! I see, I will now.

Thank you too Deborah! I’m glad they look expressive, I feel like it’s one of the hardest part when it comes to animals. Sure, that would be amazing, I’m looking forward to seeing your animals.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by NatachaNatacha.
    NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Notes :
    This time I wait for the morning light to take the picture.
    So this is from yesterday. These are assignments from the lesson “Grazing animals”. Then I drew a deer during 1hour 30.  I’m glad with the result, it isn’t finish for the legs but I didn’t want to continue yesterday since it was late. I’m not going to finish neither that was just a test, seeing how after the lessons I could draw again a full animal. I realize I wasn’t so much dependent on the reference anymore. The movement is fluid, it’s way better. I feel like proportions are easier too now.

However the one thing I have to work on is what complete the basic structure : bones, muscles. I still have a hard time with this but I will study it. Today I have the horse lesson to do ; horse have a “thin” skin and their muscles/bones are very seeing through so it’s a great way to study this. An exercise that I could do also for this is to take a picture and draw on it only to see if I can recognize the muscles, bones, and not mistake them (because I should be able to do it then in my head, without tracing and without the anatomy book).

DAY 5 – 26/05/2020

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by NatachaNatacha.
    NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Joshua! I see, I will now.

Thank you too Deborah! I’m glad they look expressive, I feel like it’s one of the hardest part when it comes to animals. Sure, that would be amazing, I’m looking forward to seeing your animals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.