Miguel’s 100 Day Art Challenge for Anxiety Therapy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Miguel’s 100 Day Art Challenge for Anxiety Therapy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Cool challenge. My advice is for you to try to connect your line work (doodling) to what you’re doing in that portrait. It seems like you have two modes but a representational drawing is also abstract. Try to tie together these skills so they help and inform one another.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

I’m really liking this. I don’t know where you’re going to end up, but theses doodles are very interesting. It’s going to be fascinating seeing where you go throughout this 100 day challenge. You seem to have a real gift for design and for color. Those can lead you into some exciting career paths!

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13 & 14.  I’ve been doubling my sessions due to not feeling good lately. I’m still in this though, each time I doodle and create I feel better! 1 hour.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for the feedback, Joshua!  I have a new piece in mind now. I’m hoping I understand what you’re meaning!

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Paul!

When I was a kid I wanted to be many things: a comic book artist, pastry chef/baker, and (dreadful to admit) a tap dancer! I never did learn to dance but I did end up making cupcakes and cookies as a small hobby. As for being an artist I just took basic classes throughout my school years and even into college.

Art and creativity runs in my genes. My grandfather was a sketch artist by hobby, brickmason/contractor by profession; 1 uncle was a wood carver by profession; a couple aunts do photography, sewing, sketches, baking, cooking, canning & gardening; and my Mom the same as my aunts, all do for it for a living.

I’m in Human Resources for my day job. I sell Avon in my free time. And then before pandemic shutdown I was learning the ways of a vegan cuban food pop-up company with friends–just barely started training on cooking upgraded from cashiering. 😛 Something creative I haven’t started yet is tie-dying–the next fun challenge!

I’m not sure where this art challenge experience is going to lead me but it’s definitely got my creative juices flowing and I don’t feel too guilty missing a day because the more time I can spend practicing this in one day then the better it is for me.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15 & 16. Every 2 days habit situation is going on. I finished this doodle, finally! I have been thinking about what Joshua Jacobo replied to me on May 16th and I can’t wait to do my next piece. Self portrait but not necessarily a sketch. 1 hour 6 minutes.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by migoccamigocca.
    Jean-Pierre Fermet
    Participant
    No points.

It’s nice to see abstract art in this challenge. I also really like your self portrait, do you plan to altern abstract and figurative drawings?

Bonne continuation!

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17.  So this isn’t THE piece I was referring to but this is a warm-up!  I’m using a basic mechanical pencil but man do I need to get some good drawing pencils!  30 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jean-Pierre, I do plan to alternate between abstract and sketch! I’m here to blossom. When I was younger I drew so much better so this is me blossoming again. 😏

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 18 (late post for 5/21/2020!) I felt like drawing with a sharpie. Portrait free-hand sketch, no pencil sketch to get started. Obviously I should have sketched with a pencil first–it’s ugly. I started another doodle (not pictured) after I finished this self portrait, 8 minutes worth with a minor distraction. 30 minutes. Day 19 (5/22/2020 IOU) coming 5/23/2020.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19 & 20 (Submissions for 5/22 & 5/23).

I decided today I would focus my creative juices on my personal business. I want to make Thank You cards for my Avon customers. These are my ideas so far using some markers and a black sharpie. I had an internal struggle about whether or not I should use a straight edge for the more uniform letters. I love free hand drawing but I hate when something isn’t quite straight. The yellow lines on bottom left sketch came out awful after phasing into the Y. I’m not sure yet what I’ll do with the bottom right unfinished portion. I think I drove myself a little insane with this piece. 60 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 21-24 (Submissions for 5/24-5/27).

I fell off track for a few days and doodling made me feel better. 2 hours.

CeciliaVedbergCeciliaVedberg
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautiful doodling!

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Cecilia!  I really like doing the repetitive design, probably why I don’t do much freehand sketches as much as my doodles.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25 (5/28). I was feeling colorful and wanted to test out my new ultra fine point Sharpie set. 30 minutes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.