Miguel’s 100 Day Art Challenge for Anxiety Therapy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Miguel’s 100 Day Art Challenge for Anxiety Therapy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

My goal is to dedicate a minimum of 30 minutes a day to doodling, drawing or painting.

This will give me something to look forward to on a daily basis, to discipline me to create within a time limit, to allow me to quit before I get bored, and finally to distract my mind from the things that have been bothering me lately.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 1. I started with a basic refillable lead pencil and dollar store “art paper”. My first creation here was the largest swirl. Next, the swirls around it and then I worked my way around and out with different doodles. 30 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2 (delayed!).  This time I decided to go bold and use a black Sharpie Twin Tip. My first installment of 30 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 3. Continuing my black and white doodle. Wasn’t bored yet. 😁 30 minutes.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

This is interesting. Doodling has helped me grow artistically a lot.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 4. The black and white doodle mini-madness continues. I was thinking about doodling all day! I also was thinking about how the next project should be less detail and I’ll use colored markers. I’m tempted to finish this one tonight so I can begin the next tomorrow. 30 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, Paul, for the reply!

I didn’t even realize there are lessons to watch here on NMA until after I read some of your thread.  There’s more time for me to spend on non-doodling so I’m a bit more excited and motivated about the daily challenge. Thanks!!

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 5. I finished this doodle! Some parts I messed up a bit because I rushed and ink was drying out from the fine tip side. I’m glad it’s over–all I could think about was finishing this and starting a new one. Not squashing the anxiety, apparently! 37 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 6. It’s early! I could not resist starting some artwork today. I’m already dissatisfied with it due to the medium–dollar tree permanent markers–oh, and the dollar tree “sketch pad”. Solution for next piece would be to use different paper, and/or different medium.

I started with the red and at some points I felt like I didn’t know what I really wanted to do with the lines. I had imagined using dual tipped color sharpies so I could produce a different effect.

I had some external distractions when I began the orange section. That part felt rushed and lacking of passion. Loss of passion leads me to boredom. Anyways, 30 minutes.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 7 & 8. I missed yesterday so I had to do a double color doodle session. I have to keep reminding myself that each art piece is a stepping stone for progress. When I make mistakes or it seems the piece is getting ugly it’s not the end of the world! Each piece is unique and imperfect. I  am allowed to do something different. I just have to complete the current one before I can advance. Gotta keep on!! 1 hour 1 minute.

Will OsolinskyWill Osolinsky
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice dude. Looks like you are enjoying the process and finding the rhythm. Keep going!

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 9 & 10. Good morning! So I missed day 9, and started both 9 & 10 sometime after midnight on May 14th (Day 11!). I had decided to use my 30 minutes for each day to do the self portrait avatar challenge. This will be something I can work on–at least twice a month redo the self portrait and get it as close as possible to being a splitting image. LOL we shall see! 1 hour. Self Portrait in Pencil

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

For anyone who cares to see the original self portrait, selfie photograph.

Self Portrait Original Photograph

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 11 &12. I missed another day because I haven’t been sleeping or feeling well. Good thing is I’m alive and I finished my rainbow colors doodle! This will be two posts since I finished it under 30 minutes and then began black & white doodle. Part 1 below.

migoccamigocca
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Part 2 of Day 11 & 12.  I don’t know why but I like drawing black lines. I like the contrast of black and white–no grey.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.