Marjolein’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Marjolein’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbook

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yea. That might be interesting, thnx for the tip. Though I’m probably not going to work on it anymore. I really started to dislike working on it. I was trying to learn how to simplify my lines with what I saw from the reference. Because I want to learn how to make colouring book art, among other things. But I ended up putting the shadow under the beak, which made it hard to read, that area being too black. And other shadow areas. Which I later figured is probably not common for that style.

Day 33; I had a hard time getting myself to draw today, possibly because I felt kinda disappointed with what I did yesterday. I might use watercolour on it.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Love these forms of nature. 👍🏼

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yeah, I don’t really need to draw animals for my personal art I think. But I can learn some things from/with it. If i’m going to be drawing more animals, I think I want to start with sea creatures, maybe some insects. And then work my way up, I usually don’t like drawing hairy animals. 😊

Day 34; I didn’t have much time today to do stuff. This took me around 5/10 min. 🙄 Will ink later.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Marjolein P.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Marjolein P.
    Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 35; I initially sketched, inked this in my regular sketchbook but wanted to dedicate a creative/from imagination sketchbook to the figure. I glued it in a new sketchbook and had to color it because sketches from the other side was showing through.
    I didn’t bother with it being anatomically correct. 😅 So sorry to all the anatomy lovers here.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 36; coloured some of the fish with markers, did the background with a marker from a cheap brand. Not sure if I like it.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 37; Values could have been a bit better. But oh well. 😊

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m probably going to stop doing the challenge on the forum. Though will try to keep drawing daily, more often. Ive just been planning to do a lot more things. And at times I didn’t know what to draw, or I just wanted to draw from imagination but didn’t want to share it online. Last week or so I noticed I started drawing later and later, still wanting to post, but not really putting an effort in, enjoy it etc. It just became a bit of a stress thing. Maybe I’ll try it some other time again. Thnx for the comments and tips.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I felt like this a few times during the challenge. I had my own reasons, this is cutting into my sculpting time, I could be working on x, y, or z, etc…

All I can say is that I’m glad I didn’t quit.

There is progress I made near the end that just wouldn’t have happened without this thing forcing me to do it. In my case it was a perspective based head drawing system which has changed how I work but it could have been anything else. You get something in return for hard work at your craft.

There’s not many opportunities these days for you to be “forced” to draw.

If you want to quit, nobody is going to call you or show up and your house with a gun and hand you a pencil but that’s part of what makes getting great difficult. We are a community but we are also all on our own.

My advice would be to just stick it out and keep posting but obviously no matter what keep creating keep learning and keep drawing. 🙏🏼

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s true, but I feel like I’m drawing more for the challenge, to put something here than actually working on my own things. Some days also getting a bit complacent, if I finished something, well that’s done, I’m not drawing today anymore. And other things. Wanting to start with Watts but not wanting to really post it here, post my personal stuff or having to draw extra. It’s not the daily drawing I’m struggling with I think.
    I’m also in a studygroup so in a way that can hold me accountable as well. I do appreciate forums/sites like this. And I learned some new things from posting on a forum daily.
    When I get comfortable with my new shedule, and have more free time I might do a more focused challenge, on something I want to improve. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.