Marjolein’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Marjolein’s 100 Day Challenge: Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22; Trying out some new pens in my sketchbook. I love drawing trees and I think the gesture drawing has influenced me a little bit in that I want to draw around the branches to show volume, sketch and build it up.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Cool drawing ⬆️

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks 😋

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23; Yesterday I got 4 new sketchbooks. Going to use them for different purposes. This is from my art inspiration sketchbook. Drawing and deconstructing/analysing art I find interesting. From concept art, illustration, animation whatever.
    Wasn’t going for perfect copies. Drawing, seeing volumes is making me draw faster I think. 😊

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24; Did some gestures and a head assignment. Will see if I can do some more later in the day.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25; Have to get used to the paper of one my new sketchbooks. Rougher than I’m used to. Might be alright for charcoal drawings perhaps.
    The reference picture was dark, high contrast. Values were kind of hard to get right.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26; I might’ve overworked the old guy’s head.. 

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27; Some notan drawings. Good to practice from time to time.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m subscribed to Watts Atelier now as well. It gives me more of the structure that I need. For nma I’m focusing on gesture, anatomy. Kind of searching for how I want to continue the challenge. Since I don’t want to only post things I do for Watts Atelier here. And I don’t want to draw more heads, figures etc just for the challenge. Because sometimes I get a bit fed up with just drawing people or doing studies. So yeah I might do more environment stuff/ architecture on a small sketchbook that I have. I have a lot of free time to focus on art, but still managing it, knowing what to do, when is difficult for me.

Day 28; from my art inspiration sketchbook, reference from dreamworks animation.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29: Some gestures, not timed. Warmed up with timed but I feel I can relax, take more in if I don’t do timed after.

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Hey Marjolein,

I would be interested to know more about your experience with Watts Atelier and how it compares with NMA.  I was considering enrolling with them, but I have really enjoyed the content on NMA and have really gotten a lot out of it.  Nice gestures by the way.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@erikdennis I only signed up a few days ago, so I can’t tell you a lot yet. I have yet to receive my new art supplies to be able to do the assignments. I only signed up for the drawing access and they primarily work with newsprint pads, conte/charcoal. They work a lot with the Reilly Method and other constructed ways for figure/head drawing. You can submit your assignments and pass or fail on them, which means in some courses you can’t submit for later assignments and have to resubmit, redo an assignment. Sometimes there are issues in that process. Though you’re not obligated to submit anything if you don’t want the feedback. Most videos come with a couple of assignments. There are studygroups on the forum itself for the different courses. The content is pretty good, and I like the build up of the material, so yeah it depends on what your goals are if it’s something for you. For me I like how everything is organized and to know exactly what I need to be doing next, the results I might be able to get from it, and I’m interested in their methods. It doesn’t have as many courses, well only if you do the full access. 😋 But you pretty much have to be rich if you want to do that month after month.

Day 30; Last minute drawing, not that great..

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Marjolein P.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Marjolein P.
    Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32; I tried to ink over a pretty old sketch. The proportions weren’t great so had to redraw parts of it. Made some mistakes didn’t feel like finishing it. 😋 Need to do some inking courses.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice drawing of the bird. Don’t be shy in finding excuses to move across the form laterally, in this case across the torso. It doesn’t have to be done with dark line it could be wash or anything really.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.