Lucero’s 100 Day Challenge: Draw, and Don’t Waste Time

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucero’s 100 Day Challenge: Draw, and Don’t Waste Time

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

These are all looking fine. You’re doing the process which you need to do to learn this. As Joshua said, it’s mileage. Have you seen the book “How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way”? It’s a really great book that has excellent how-tos for building the figure.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Hi Paul, I haven’t looked at that book, I’ll check it out, thank you!

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Day 4.

I did some more head studies today from Steve Huston’s figure drawing course, as well as some torso studies. Even though I want to draw simple comics, I want to be a good draftsman. It’s a long way to the top.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

You need to bring your mouths closer to the nose.

From highest point of the head to the bottom of the chin. Split that in half and you have the eye line. Then put the brow in a bit above that. Half way from brow line to bottom of chin is where the base of the nose lies. Half way from base of nose to bottom of chin is not the opening of the mouth but the bottom of the lower lip. Opening of the mouth is a bit above that.

Ramona HornungRamona Hornung
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks lovely, I love the playful spirit of these ! Keep up !

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good drawings and this is a great drawing practice to incorporate. Good draftsmanship is essential for comics. It’ll allow you to draw anything and make all your comic drawings look more convincing by having a real solid training in 3d construction. Comic artists are real good at using even the most subtle tiny lines to suggest form. All the great ones have very good understanding of anatomy.

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

looking good 🙂 keep it up man love seeing everones work everyday before i get stuck into my own

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Day 5.

Playing with felt tip pen.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Making comics by Scott McCloud is meant to be another good book for learning how to draw comics, as well as Framed Ink by Marcos Mateu Mestre.

seeing all these smaller drawings is so satisfying. love.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Day 6.

Playing around with developing some visual heuristics to help me pose figures.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like how your indicating the joints. Helps give a better sense of connection along and across the skeletal structure.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Josseline, thanks. I just want to get something close enough to allow me to play with the figures, without looking at reference. There are a lot of different ways of doing these mannequins, each has their own positives and negatives. I want to wrap my head around one that works for me.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Day 7.

Art is hard…

So I did a copy of a 1906 Katzenjammer Kids panel. I spent time doing the pencil, still trying to hurry to get this done for tonight, then got to the inking, and I used a nib that was too large =|. And since I started with the faces fo the characters, there wasn’t much I could do, but push forward. I tried to Command + Z, but no luck.

I did have a lot of fun. I hope by doing the entire process, pencil to paint, over and over again will help me identify all my weak points. Right now, it’s kind of all over. Here’s a picture of the progression:

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Not paying attention to reference must be such a challenge. I admire all you lot that can draw brilliantly from imagination, haha.

Art IS hard.

Aww this is so sweet. I personally think the thicker nib works well for this style. Admittedly I’ve not seen the original work, but from just seeing your work I would have assumed the original was done in this kind of thickness. Finding it hard to provide any useful feedback because overall it looks great. just need minor general improvements in each area

Lucas a.k.a Lucas a.k.a “Roams”
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

it sure is and alot of people out there have no idea how much work goes into creating art. im liking the bold lines aswell tbh man

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.