Kat’s 100 Heads Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Kat’s 100 Heads Challenge

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

As for distortion, when using our 3D viewer you can control the perspective distortion and even eliminate it.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Kat's 100 day challenge Day 16Yes Joshua. I am learning about distortion. I think that I start to notice it in pictures now. I probably chose the wrong angle and made mistakes of my own on top of that. The 3D models super helpful and beautiful.

Day 16 WIP but I hope to finish this scull tonight after my evening jog. I honestly didn’t think it would take so long.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 17

A little bit of drawing in my sketchbook, and what seems like a never ending scull drawing. I can’t hatch like that. Maybe tomorrow it will somehow all come together, but probably not.Kat's 100 Day Challenge Day 17 sketchesKat 100 Day Challenge Day 17

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

I don’t know what I’m doing really. I am just going to leave it and go back to planes, now that I know how to eliminate the perspective distortion on the 3D model. Should always read, watch the instructions lol

Kat's unfinished scull

DeepDeep
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is amazing. Keep going, one step at a time. I am inspired to begin something of a similar thread quite soon.

Time on this earth is limited. What a great way to spend it.

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am doing many of the same exercises, so I find your 100 Day Challenge inspiring as have many of the other posters. I can relate to your comment about feeling like you were just copying, moving lines, and measuring. Learning to start the drawings as constructions instead of outlining and filling in details has allowed me to think in a completely new way. One of the most helpful concepts has been to draw like I am running my finger over the form. You may do that already as you seem very accomplished, but it was a completely new concept to me. I look forward to watching your progress! Also. I love your hatching on the skull!

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you dear ) I connect with the idea of limited time as well. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain by starting this challenge @Deep

Thank you Jan. It was a pleasure to read your comment. For me it is still a struggle to get into volumetric thinking, because the construction itself is new to me, the breaking down into simple shapes, thinking of geometric shapes in perspective, and all that. I started on the wrong path a little while ago, and I think it did more damage than it did good. I still catch myself copying lines, especially when I am not concentrated, but I don’t measure much. Measuring drives me crazy and I start thinking and drawing flat. I have to draw in silence, and unfortunately I have neighbors that are noisy sometimes lol I understand what you mean when you say drawing like you are running your finger over the form. I will be thinking of that tomorrow 😉 I am not satisfied with the scull, because I think I didn’t separate values, and the rendering is just an aesthetic thing, but underneath it doesn’t have much knowledge really. However, certain things that were completely out of my reach yesterday, are doable now. So I know that it does get better. I am in a good place right now, enjoying the ride.

Day 18

My neighbors were giving me grief today. I had to escape from home. So my plan to draw the 3D head in a complex angle fell through. I started drawing late in the evening and just did a block in of the Asaro head. To be continued tomorrow.

Kat's 100 Days Art Challenge Day 18

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 18 and 19

The little time I had yesterday was spent moving lines on Asaro’s head. I think that I am just going to render it at this point. I realized that the photo reference is a slightly different to the angle Iliya was drawing from. Didn’t have much time today either. Late night quick sketch copy of Frans Hals’ painting on the opposite page of my sketchbook.

K's 100 D A C Day 18

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 20

Finally rendered my Asaro head. The proportions are not quite right. It is tipping downwards. Started drawing planes from the 3D model, but it is not quite right either.

K's 100 day art challenge Day 20

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 21

I started very late this evening. This is the beginning of a portrait, but I can see now that I took a photo that the nose should be higher Kat's 100 day art challenge Day 21in this angle looking up.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.