Gordan’s 100 Day Challenge: Portrait and Figure structure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Gordan’s 100 Day Challenge: Portrait and Figure structure

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Gordan,

I don’t think that I can necessarily help you with your struggles but I wanted to say that you can clearly see the passion, the hard work and the drive to improve in your work aswell as in your written thoughts.

And I can totally relate to constantly questioning your own decisions because of feeling like doing the right thing for one day and then being clueless if what you’re doing is efficient the next few days. It can be a pretty stressful up and down but at least it’s kind of calming for me to see that we all seem to have those kind of thoughts and struggles.

I think in our stages of trying to learn the basics to reach creative freedom persistence and patience are our best friend.

Just keep pushing, I’m sure you’ll get there! 👋

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Christopher for your fine words of encouragement! You are absolutely right, persistence and patience are for sure our best friends.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 42

Not much to show again. I think I will change my approach, go back to the beginning and start again from gesture and basic geometric forms. Ever since I moved onto learning basic anatomy I somehow got stuck into a rut and can’t move an inch. And since I learned that this kind of stuff can’t be simply rammed through I will have to regroup and rethink what to do.  I think I will simply back off from anatomy for now and focus strictly on gesture and action description through geometric forms.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 43

Tried to focus mostly on gesture and action.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 44

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 45

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 46

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 47

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 48

Worked along with Glenn on leg muscles anatomy and did some general poses trying to capture action and gesture.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/882507/xgswilyg58eishf7sj5jmwvdjdmjox1f.jpg

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Gordan,

now that I’m doing figure drawing too, I’m able to acknowledge and admire how you treat your cross contour lines, your legs look really 3 dimensional that way. I especially like day 44 drawing of Dorian? aswell as today’s (day 48) figures. 👋

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Christopher.
    GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 49

Thank you Christopher, I appreciate your comment!

Arm muscle anatomy drawing along with Glenn and more figure poses for practice.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 50

It is half of my 100 day challenge and today was one of those days that felt like I can’t do anything right. I also reviewed anatomy of the shoulder girdle.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 51

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 52

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Day 53

Busy weekend as usual, but I managed to put in some time for drawing. Tried with Yoni and Dorian poses and that did not turn out that good. I find that when I am tired, I hardly can draw anything well even if my life depended on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.