Dane’s 100 Day Art Challenge(2nd Attempt): Portraits/ Head Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Dane’s 100 Day Art Challenge(2nd Attempt): Portraits/ Head Drawing

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Day 97,

Today I worked on refining my Amy Winehouse portrait. I’m really happy with the likeness and the style of it, but I know that I still have a ways to go! I used a combination of Procreate and Photoshop for this one, which was an interesting experience!

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Day 98,

Today I worked on improving a portrait from my celebrity portrait series of model Kendal Jenner. I’m definitely trying to put what I’ve learned from Steve Huston and others about scaling back detail when it comes to drawing female faces. I’m still working on the structure and the subtle expression, but I’m enjoying using the triad of primary colours as my colour scheme for a change!

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Day 99,

I wanted to do one more animal portrait before completing the challenge after tomorrow, so today I did a mixed media portrait of a blue jay. Its not as refined or technically accurate as I wanted it to be, but it gave me a chance to explore a combination of new media, including acrylic ink and posca brand acrylic paint markers. I also did most of the drawing freehand with pen and brush pen so as to challenge myself to be more considerate of the lines I create and be more economical with my mark making! This was also my first time using hot press watercolour paper, which was an interesting experience!

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Day 100,

For my final day of the challenge, I revisited my Bruce Lee portrait and continued to work on the structure and likeness. This challenge has been a lot of fun, and has helped me better internalize head proportions, facial features and the muscles that contribute to expressions, and the interaction between the subject and the frame. Thanks to NMA for hosting this challenge and providing a platform for sharing and feedback!

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations on completing your 100 days. That’s amazing! What’s next?

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Raven! I definitely think my next step will be to work on head painting more! Hopefully after following some more of the Joseph Todorovitch series I will be able to paint the volume of the head a lot better!

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very cool. Are you going to enter the self-portrait contest?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Raven KushnerRaven Kushner.
    DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Raven! I actually am thinking I might enter the self portrait contest! I’m putting together something and depending on how it goes I might submit it!

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.