Curtis’s 100 day anatomy & figure drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Curtis’s 100 day anatomy & figure drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

I am brand new here and suffer the same issue as many, I spend so much time reading and watching and not enough time doing, then wonder why my progress is so slow so with this in mind I am going to make time to do one anatomy study or figure drawing each day and hold myself accountable as the number 1 tool to improve is practise a lesson that has taken a long time to sink in : ) let’s make 2021 the year of self improvement.

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Ok day 1 pretty bad drawing overall but that is ok because improvements will come, I know I can do better I have done better, I feel I can do much better, so I am interested and looking forward to getting back into a process of how to start a drawing, but more importantly learning anatomy once and for all.Day1

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Curtis,

You have a great attitude. I wish you the best of luck on your artistic journey!

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Raven, hopefully I can make it to 100 days, I see you are on day 98 on your challenge and there is some great work completed so congrats in advance 👍

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Good luck and have fun Curtis!

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Ram just looked through you challenge, your making really good progress 👏 keep going too

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 2 had more time than I am likely to have once work starts again next week so did a little study in oils, I will finish it when I get chance probably night time in the week 😂  the rest are likely to be in pencil due to time constraints with work and everything else.Day2

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 3 not much to show but have learnt a lot from Rey’s anatomy already 👍

Day3

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 4 another bad day for output but the day job and everything in between is a valid excuse, I did at least get 20 mins doing some very rough gestures I won’t call them studies because they were quick to just stick to the task – tomorrow I will make time before I am half asleep and worn out from the day 😃

Day 4

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Just barely scraping through the challenge at the minute my lack of time after work, food, family etc is becoming apparent – buts it’s good because even if I can only make a small amount of time it’s more than I was before 😀 I am aware that is a very short femur 😂 but I am now remembering all the names of the bones and quite a few muscles 👍

Day 5

Brittney BachBrittney Bach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Which courses are you taking?

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

I am doing Reys anatomy course but this was copied from an anatomy book that I refer to while doing the course

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 6

Leg

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 7 Started my Reys anatomy ecorche- pretty fun so far, tough bit to come, see what happens with air dry clay

Day 7

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 8 my lack of time is actually quite frustrating but I hoping the weekend actual gives me some time to watch a video or two 😀 and spend more than 5 minutes drawing at night

Day8

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.