Curtis’s 100 day anatomy & figure drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Curtis’s 100 day anatomy & figure drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 9

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 10 a bit of drapery wasn’t as straight forward as it seemed and kind of messed it up a lot – but it’s practise towards clothed figures Day 10

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 11 finished work had a lay down feeling pretty shattered – fed up of making excuses tried to have a look at anatomy again think I am going to fail the 100 day challenge I am just producing poor sketches for the sake of it because I want my badge lol I really want to learn anatomy I am going to study one limb at a time because it’s so confusing for meDay 11

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 12 little figure sketchDay 12

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hey Curtis. I like your last sketch. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Anatomy studies can be very difficult. I’m going to be starting a second 100 day challenge soon and plan to make anatomy part of it.

For me, anatomy has always been difficult because it’s so analytical. It’s difficult for me to get excited and really charged up doing something like that. But I definitely need to know anatomy better so I’m going to try to figure a way to do it and make it interesting/exciting.
    Also, doing drawings that you don’t like is important. It’s a great motivator. Please don’t be discouraged, instead be determined.

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Paul, appreciate that I think I feel the same with anatomy I want it, I need it but its so difficult ha ha like you say though drawing it and trying to commit might not be fun but hopefully it will start to appear in my figure work more and more, like most people I can sit and copy a figure pretty well if I give myself time, but I am not learning anything really and I want to be able to change the pose to my liking if I want, purely based on anatomy knowledge – one day!

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 13 looking at the thigh muscles as a start point Day 13

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 14 rear muscles of the upper leg – taking my time to try and let it sink in.

Day 14

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 15 just messed around with a sketch, turns out without my anatomy reference I can’t add much to an existing sketch with current knowledge, but that was a good lesson in my need to learn more.

Day 15

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 16 getting in there early today love the weekend – finally get an hour to draw and relax : ) Day 16

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

So nice! I wanted to do this kind of technique for my second attempt at this copy. It is so difficult. All the hatchlings drove me crazy and I just lost the essence of the pose. You did really well!

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Kat I basically outlined, then heard glens voice in my head saying its flat 😂  I used a h pencil to start the hatching, realised I had no idea what I was doing, then I have some super sized B pencils and tried to follow the forms as best as I could and pretend to have some confidence in my marks.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

😆 Yes, that’s the best when you just go for it with confidence. I am going to try to watch the live demo on Monday.

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 17 – been chilling for an hour listening to the Draw Together chat and drew this.

Day 17

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Day 18 watched the live stream tonight and left it too late, but I did find Bill Murray in the leonardo davinci book 😂Day 18

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.