Content in the Pipeline for 2019

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List Content in the Pipeline for 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

This is a cross-post from another thread.

We have recently made some big changes to our post production process and doubled our editing team.

We are now set up to be able to edit content for you faster than ever (rather than 1-2 hours per week on average (our rate a year ago) our new rate could be effectively ten times that).

Let me give you an idea of what is coming through the pipeline (tentatively).

Contemporary Realism in Oils with Hollis Dunlap: NOW LIVE!

Beginning Painting in Oils with Charles Hu: NOW LIVE!

Sculpting the Portrait in Clay with David  Simon: NOW LIVE!

Movie Poster Design with the late Mark Westermoe : NOW LIVE!

“Drawing in Space” Sculpting the Figure in Water-based Clay with Robert Bodem 40+ Hours: Late October: NOW LIVE

Introduction to Landscape Painting with Ben Fenske 50+ Hours: NOW LIVE!

Sight Size Drawing Course with Leo Mancini-Hresko and Joe Altwer 47+ Hours: NOW LIVE!

The Sculptor’s Funeral: Art History for Artists with Jason Arkles Season 1: NOW LIVE

Update to Russian Academic Figure Drawing with Iliya Mirochnik: EXPORTING AND UPLOADING NOW

Draped/Costumed Figure Drawing with Bill Perkins, Charles Hu, Iliya Mirochnik, and Glenn Vilppu: EXPORTING AND UPLOADING NOW

Traditional Chinese Ink Painting with Li Yieu: Being Translated Now

Chinese Realism, From Drawing to Egg Tempura with Yu Ming and Legend

Introduction to Wood Carving: The Traditional Tyrolian Approach

Advanced Figure Drawing with Glenn Vilppu

Constructive Figure Painting with Steve Huston: In Post Production

The Portrait in Watercolor with the late Mark Westermoe: In Post Production

Designing Your Landscape Painting with Stapleton Kearns

——

These are all Courses not just lessons. Most are over 20 hours and many are double that so they are very comprehensive. We are thrilled to get this out to you

As for our upcoming shooting schedule this year I can’t discuss everything but I will say that we will be doing:

A huge addition to the Russian Drawing Program

An intensive multi instructor still life master course

A new top secret project for artists with children

Much more landscape and en plain air content (by this time next year NMA will have the best landscape training content in the world)

More realistic drawing and painting by well known artists (new to NMA)

An amazing new art history series for artists starring the Sculptor’s Funereal podcast host Jason Arkles

More awesome stuff I can’t yet talk about

—-

this is the first time I’ve laid out what’s in the pipeline. I hope this is useful. Keep in mind that we edit more educational content for artists than anyone in the world. There are challenges and changes and delays that all come into play but this is what we are working on diligently for you.

lucas.nick
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thats is pretty amazing can’t wait for that

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Happy to see this list, very exciting! Luckily the “Chinese Realism” is not listed very top.

I can’t wait to see Mark Westermoe’s lessons, I like his tutorials very much.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by 190563590190563590.
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

As a Chinese, frankly speaking I don’t think what’s so called “Chinese Realism” has something to do with Chinese traditional art, if it actually has something to do with art. As far as I know, it’s just the result of unsuccessfully copying from west art, especially from russia, and now it’s just a stiff method to dealing with high school art tests, once the students enter college, none would go on painting or drawing in that way.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

UPDATE: Contemporary Realism in Oils with Hollis Dunlap is now LIVE

Mike Pelosi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very excited to see more content on oil painting and additions to the Russian Drawing program. I can’t begin to state how much I’ve gotten from that program and the freedom that comes with measurements, drawing angles, etc.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Update:

Introduction to Oil Painting with Charles Hu is now LIVE!

JustinEaton
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

YESSSSSSSSSS!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

UPDATE: Sculpting the Portrait in Clay with David Simon is now LIVE!

anska.scripsit
    Participant
    No points.

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I have seen and enjoyed all the great new references added to the library, especially the variety in models is great. Is there any chance you will update the daily life drawing video lesson as well?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Anska,

We are actually working on something better. We are totally revamping our reference area. We have rebuilt our 3d viewer and are working on an app for it.

We have also designed a timed reference viewer (like the daily drawing videos) but one where you can build your own videos by selecting images from any of our albums. We will also create collections for our users as well. So far the tech creates a much better experience and is less limiting than the video format.

In the mean time you have hopefully noticed that we are publishing reference image albums faster than ever.

anska.scripsit
    Participant
    No points.

Joshua,
    thank you so much for your reply. The revamp sounds excellent!

I usually try to do some figure drawing as part of my morning routine and have often thought, that it would be great if I could mix the albums to create drawing sessions tailored to specific visual problems – for example models with different body-types doing a similar pose – so I am really excited about the prospect of actually being able to do that.

And yes, I did notice, altogether I am very happy with the image library at the moment.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Awesome! Yes, I will sometimes just set my phone on a timer and hit the right arrow key when it buzzes. We will definitely announce as we add the new features one at a time to the reference area!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

UPDATE: How to Design Movie Posters with the late Mark Westermoe is now Live! This course is very special and very near and dear to our hearts. Please enjoy.

JOYCE SMITH
    Participant
    No points.

Awesome stuff!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.