AJ’s 100 Day Challenge: Charcoal Figure drawings

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge AJ’s 100 Day Challenge: Charcoal Figure drawings

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27

Day 27:  Couldn’t work a drawing in during the last couple days so I tried a multiple figure today

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28

Day 28: Master Study of Prometheus Bound by Charles Lebrun

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Aj,

I really think the Master studies paid off. Your values and overall shading got alot better. 👍👋

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hi AJ,

I think this is a solid copy, and I agree with Christopher that the values are quite good. I do think that it might be time to try to apply values in a more analytical/anatomical way. I have included a draw over where I laid out some of the important forms and planes of the torso, rib cage, and pelvis. This is to help you begin placing values based on the special relationship of a given plane to the lightsource. Also whenever you encounter lots of cloth covering limbs (and anything really) try to sketch the limb from its anatomical origin and then place the drapery over it.

Keep up the good work and I’ll be checking.

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Christopher!

Awesome Iliya!  I will focus on anatomy now and get more precise.  I see the subtle change now that you did the layover!  Its crazy how some things are unseen unless pointed out directly or learned even though its right there.  Thanks again for your feedback and its very encouraging 😀

Day 29

Day 29:  I posted this yesterday but it didnt go through for some reason.  I didnt have too much time so I just squeezed in a very quick layin before bed

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30

Day 30: Master study of Christ at the Column by Caravaggio.

Working on bringing multiple figures together and better anatomy now

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31

Day 31:  Day 2 on Caravaggio study.  I erased the first head because it was outrageously large.  Working more on proper proportions now that I’m happier with my rendering.

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32

Day 32: Done with this one.  I wanted to quit a few times but decided I wont quit any till they’re done

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 33

Day 33

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

D34

Day 34

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 35

Day 35:  Probably should of put more hair on that head

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day36

Day 36:  So did a lay-in and then took a quick break, came back and the photo was gone, I know I saved it but .. no where to be found.  This is all I have.  Lesson Learned

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 37

Day 37:  Might be getting burnt out doing these because I see the big errors and want to be able to not have them.  Working on skeleton right now but I know I’m a long ways away from decent figures including head, faces, feet and muscle groups.  Not to mention proper lighting and form which is getting slightly better.  I might do some quicker studdies just to get something down while I focus primary on skeleton and muscles off forum

Right hip is off, face is way off, hands and feet are neglected.  Tried to be more deliberate and less messy which to me makes it look less effort and dull but I’ll figure that out

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38:  the last one I feel was so bad I changed my whole process again and I like where this is going more so.  I’m studying a lot but still havnt done to much on faces or appendages areas so they still are very off and embarrassingly so.  Honestly seeing some of these monstrosities posted keeps me moving to do better Day 38

AJAJ
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day39Day 39

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.