Trouble posting?

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Trouble posting?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We understand that some users are experiencing trouble posting their images to the forums. This is most likely due to our aggressive spam protection. We’ve made some adjustments that will hopefully help the issue.

Until then, if you make a reply and it does not immediately show up, please wait for a few hours. It may just need to be manually approved before being posted.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, I just posted an image for the 100 day challenge and the resolution is terrible. I tried editing the post and reposting it but it keeps posting as a very blurry image. It looks awful on the post, but if I click on the image it opens in another tab and looks fine. I’d appreciate your help on this.

I’m going to try to attach it to this post.

Here it is.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Paul, we just upgraded our image uploader and it automatically generates compressed thumbnails which are compressed too aggressively. We will tweak the settings tomorrow. Your full resolution photo does exist you just need to click the image!

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Hey all. I wish I had read this earlier. I made several posts of the same images to my topic and now it’s overcrowded with the same day and I can’t seem to find a delete option for the exceeding posts. Could I get any help? The topic is André’s 100 day challenge. Thanks in advance!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Andre, I can clear those out for you.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Joshua! Looks way better now

Dana SmithDana Smith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m no longer receiving emails when someone replies to my post. I sent this to Support a day or two ago too, but didn’t receive a reply.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

I posted two images today. One in the morning and another at 11pm.  They both look horrible. Blurry. Please let me know if and when the blurry posts are fixed. Until then I think I’ll quit posting. I’m trying really hard to do good work. To see it displayed like this is too frustrating.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Dana,

We are looking into that issue.

Paul,

Are you setting a width and height when you upload your images? When I removed those from your posts the thumbnails look sharp.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Joshua. Thanks for your help. As I mentioned on my page, the option to set width and height is no longer there. I did sometimes drag the resizing handles to make it a bit smaller after selecting the image but before clicking on “submit.” I also sometimes click on the “center” icon. Would those things cause the blurring? I’ll stop doing those things in the future.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Paul, maybe. When I look at the html on your post there is a width and height dimensions which I don’t see on others. We are trying to have our developers do a huge list of improvements to the community forums while they are growing quickly so things might be buggy here and there but I can help in the mean time. I’ll remove those concerned posts from your thread and if you have more trouble let me know!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

What’s the best way to let you know? Should I post here, on your challenge page, or on mine?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

This is a good place so it doesn’t distract from your art posts. For now I’ve asked the developers to disable the compression until we can get it working better.

JeanetteMinnichJeanetteMinnich
    Participant
    No points.

For some reason, some of my photos post horizontally instead of vertically, and I can’t find the editing tool to change the orientation. Am I missing it? (Wouldn’t be the first time).

NatachaNatacha
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,
    I posted a comment on my thread with two images but it didn’t post. I tried two times but nothing. Then I type a comment only with text with no pictures ; it was sent. But then, I posted another comment and I edited this one to put the pictures in but when I submitted that comment ; it didn’t show and the last comment (with only text) disappeared too.

I made sure the size of the pictures were under 5MB. Also I don’t understand because in the forum you can see in the “recently upload pictures” my pictures and it’s also written that I’m the last person who commented on my thread whereas it’s not since my comments are not showing.

Thank you very much if you can help me with this problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.