Silke‘s 100 Day 15 Minutes Drawing Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Silke‘s 100 Day 15 Minutes Drawing Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I want to get better and quicker at painting animals. So what I will do for the next 100 days is to draw animals for at least 15 Minutes a day, either gesture drawing, quicksketch or headstudies. My main goal is to be able to see and draw (paint) the planes quicker and show one part of the body transitioning to the next.

Having started taking commissions for dog and horse portraits it is important to get a little quicker in the workflow and gain more confidence.

When finishing a painting, I will show it here, too. Attached is my latest painting „Focus“, a portrait of my dog Gustav, 50×50 cm oil on wood.

tess.turner
    Participant
    No points.

Beautiful work, such an expressive face!

Paula BPaula B
    Participant
    No points.

Beautiful painting, Silke!

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 1 small pencil drawing of a Beagle. Next time start bigger 😀

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Love the Dalmatian.  Was that from memory or a photo?  I doubt you could get a dog to pose like that for more than 0.5 second!!

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I took hundreds of photos from my dog until I had the one with the expression that represented his charcter best and the lighting that supported what I wanted to tell 😅 You can be happy when a dog stays still long enough to take a photo sometimes.

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Drew a horse skull today to learn about the structure of the head. Took me longer than 15 minutes. I enjoyed it.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Love these! Just granted you your 100 Day Challenge Participant Badge. Welcome!

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Very late today I startet a sketch of a dog. To be continued tomorrow… 😊

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Well, I think, conté sticks are not something I like to use actually 😅 That drawing turned out not so very good. But tomorrow is another chance.

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

How humiliating it can be to post something 😄 Did some quickdrawings of dog postures with felt pen. They look like kid‘s drawings. But, what the heck!? Maybe nobody is looking today 😂

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

As things went a little bit chaotic and not so good, I decided to draw along with Glenn Vilpu for awhile during this 100 day drawing challenge. Today I had a cheetah and wolfe to draw. Glenn stuctural advices help.

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

SilkeSauritzSilkeSauritz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.