Shazad’s 100 Day Challenge: Russian Drawing Course

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Shazad’s 100 Day Challenge: Russian Drawing Course

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 8

Tried to do two asignments this time.

Part 1:

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 8 Part 2:

In this part the football gave me problems. I don’t know if its just me but I felt the values on the reference photo did not correspond to the ones in Illiyas video, though I shaded it the way Illiya did in his lesson.

So for the sphere I decided to do the assignment from what I saw instead.

For instance to me the apparent first dark light halftone that is on the bottom right of the terminator line was i the reference not that as it appeared much darker thatn the heaxagon on the left which is supposed to be the shadow area. The two hexagons on the extreme left that are supposed to have reflected light looked to me darker than the hexagons immediately to their right. Could someone who has done this excersise please enlighten me about the same? Is it just me or is it the reference? 🙂

I attach the reference photo in the next post.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Shazad, please don’t post NMA references in the forum. That’s paid content and this forum is free to the world.

As for the references, you’re right. It’s not possible for you to see exactly what Iliya sees because he is looking at the real world objects, and the reference photography no matter what will look different.

I recommend you stick to your reference and infer the differences. This applies to all other lessons as well! Keep up the good work!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@JoshuaJacobo Oops, very sorry, my bad! Wasn’t aware of this.

Thanks for clearing that out. That confirms I am not tone blind. 🙂

DAY 9:

Practiced terminator line using hatching:

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

After I went back to a part from the very beginning of the course, which was drawing straight lines. 🙂

Thereafter started construction of form still life.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

These are really shaping up. your cylinders have improved a lot but still watch that they don’t “warp” or get distorted. Most of all, keep practicing!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Joshua. Almost an instant after I read your post regarding the cylinders, I noticed the front ellipse on the still life cylinder to be slightly distorted on the side moving away from us. Crazy!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 10 :

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice work, your shapes seem to be improving, and very nice shadow work! Regarding day 10 I’m under the impression that there’s something of with the up right corner of your cube.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@andregirao-tauffer Thank you, and you are right about the top right corner of the cube. I was a bit clumsy with the background shading and messed it up a bit. I tried correcting that now.

DAY 11: Started constructing planes of the head. Noticed I put very dark lines too soon, would like to take care of this in the future.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

This is looking great!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@JoshuaJacobo Thank you!

Day 12: Planes of the head on stretched paper.

Not sure if its complete yet, but it marks the end of the fundamentals course! Fun times.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I post a better picture in daylight. I decided I will post the assignment the following morning if I finish them by night, as the pictures come very bad quality in the night light.

André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yeah, way better with the daylight! And amazing planes work. I’m getting really intetested in this face planes study, maybe I’ll also take this course later on. Anyways, nice work with the face planes, it helped me understand a face a bit better

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@andregirao-tauffer Thanks very much! Yes theres a lot to learn in the Russian course. I find it great.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.