Ram’s 100 Day Challenge: Gesture and Structure | Figure Drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Ram’s 100 Day Challenge: Gesture and Structure | Figure Drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 35:

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 36:

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Ram,

I never saw your response because I forgot to click the notification box! 🙂 That’s good that you stopped the timed drawings. I think that’s better to do occasionally just to check your progress. But, until we have a real handle on the figure, it’s better to just focus on that. I, too, don’t do the timed drawings daily anymore.

As for classes, I was focused on the Russian course, but I got behind on the assignments, so I started watching the Constructive Drawing class, Dynamic Gesture Drawing, and I finished the Landscape Drawing Crash Course. Once I get caught up on Ilya’s assignments, I’ll go back to primarily watching the Russian Course. I’ve learned a lot from all the classes so far.

Are you going to enter the self portrait contest?

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Raven,

I loved your drapery drawing. It was beautiful! Nice to see you working out the assignments with passion.

I am not ready for portrait drawing so I will not be participating in it. As I explore more on the fundamentals, I am slowly realising I shouldn’t have started on figure drawing. So right now, I spend most of my time on practicing fundamentals and I can feel my art improve significantly.

Will you be participating in the contest?

Ramiro Armendariz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I should probably do a 30 day challenge with this for December before the New Year starts

Raven KushnerRaven Kushner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Ram.

I think it’s great that you are getting to know yourself as an artist. That’s important, I think. Well-meaning people often have a lot of opinions – about your work, or what you should be doing, etc. It’s good to pick and choose whom you

listen to. But, most of all, it’s important to listen to yourself. Deep down, you know best what you need to focus on.

I haven’t decided if I will participate in the contest or not. I’m definitely going to finish the self-portrait. I’m doing a grisaille painting. But I’m doing it because it’s a fun challenge. A part of me thinks that art contests are a little silly, like

beauty contests. Just because someone can’t win a beauty contest doesn’t mean they’re not beautiful. So, once I’m done, I’ll decide if I want to do it or not. If it feels fun, and not stressful, then I’ll enter. Otherwise, I’ll just keep it for me (and the 100-day challenge blog!)

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Raven,

I would love to see the self portrait! Keeping going!

It is fun to know and understand what you’re doing.

Day 37:

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38:

Time session.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 39:

Timed session again. Bottom pic torso looks better. I will practice torso alone tomorrow for a few days.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 40:

Torso study

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 41:

Torso study today, my room has bad lighting.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 42:

More torso study.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 43:

Torso study.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 44:

Torso study continued.

Shravan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 45:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.