NineZee’s 100 Day Challenge : Sight-size & Russian Drawing Course

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge NineZee’s 100 Day Challenge : Sight-size & Russian Drawing Course

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Getting better and better at your angles. This one looks overall a bit bigger. I think it’s the lengths. Upper eyelid look a bit higher, and the line coming down towards the inner corner of the eye needs to move a bit up/closer to the horizontal line of the crease. Eyebrow in top right quadrant seems a bit too short.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here is my day 4 of challenge. I take a break from sight-size to do a Russian drawing course. I think I need to refresh my eye. Because I didn’t notice awry line until I take a photo LMAO. Really fun course.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by 999999999z.
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice! Since you’re seeing the top of the box the upper corners are closer to you. If that’s the case the lines moving down away from you will converge (get closer).

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I too will be continuing with Iliya’s course. I’m up to the geometric forms as well 🙂 Are you planning to do sight size and russian courses simultaneously moving foward?

Good work with the cube. I agree with Joshua. The lines are converging towards the direction of bottom left of the picture plane, suggesting the vanishing point is in that direction, rather than to the direction of the top right.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Joshua/Josseline.
    Yes Josseline. I think is like cross-training. Because I will feel burnout to do same thing everyday and I want to learn from both course.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joshua was discussing the other day in one of the livestream critiques videos that Cesar Santos has done training in both. Also that they asked him if he could do a course for NMA on it and that he seemed keen on the idea. After this pandemic lifts, it would be amazing if this potential could be developed.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here is my day 5 & day 6. In day 5 I didn’t have time so I decide to observe an angle that coverage and fix that. In Day 6 I add  halftone/cast shadow/highlight.  Thank you for your advise @joshuajacobo and @josselinejeria. Again CC are always welcome. Now I will continue next sight-size piece.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think my reflex light is light than halftone so I try to push more.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Good job choosing to do this! You and Shazad are tackling something most people avoid. It will help your art tremendously. Have you decided on an eye level where the vanishing points converge? I’m seeing multiple eye levels from the sketch.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@pauldidier Thank you. It because i didn’t use tri-pod so I only use my hand. So you will see my drawing in many perspective. I use Russian course reference you can check that.

Laura EspinosaLaura Espinosa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Well done! I have done that practice too.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

The light and shadow is coming along well.  The bottom right horizontal line needs to be adjusted I think. It doesn’t look like it’s converging to the same vp as your top two horizontal lines.

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Cool! Cant wait to get to this art of the course.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Maybe its the photo quality but you can probably push the values even darker.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sorry to hang on day 6. I got Eyelid inflammation. Dr. tell me to take a rest for 2 weeks. Now I can continue my day 7. Great to comeback again.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.