NineZee’s 100 Day Challenge : Sight-size & Russian Drawing Course

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge NineZee’s 100 Day Challenge : Sight-size & Russian Drawing Course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Excited with this Challenge I will post 1 sight-size drawing and maybe Russian Drawing course process. I always interest in Portrait and Figure too if I do whatever portrait or figure I will show to your guys too.
    CC are welcome. It will help me from critique than myself.

AlexandraAlexandra
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great work! I think it’s a great idea to do a sight-size drawing every day, you will really be able to see yourself progress over the next 100 days.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Awesome! Try to post even if you don’t feel like you accomplished much in a given day.

Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This’ll be perfect for the 100 day challenge. I’m thinking about including the Russian Course for the challenge, but not sure if is something I will realistically do every single day of the challenge.

Your second plate is looking good! Angles even better overall with this one.

The top one : the eye socket and lower lid angles need to be straightened out. The top one overall seems bit larger than the plate, as a consequence of a few lines being longer. most evident in the eyeball – it’s height and width is overall a couple mms longer  – and the eye socket.

The bottom one is overall seems bit smaller I think, here too mostly as a consequence of the eyeball measurements. Small angle coming off top eyelid a few degrees off. Width of upper eyelid a bit narrower.

Again these are all minor mm and degree differences but you’re doing great!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

This looks really interesting. I’m going to have to visit the sight-size videos to have a clearer idea of the process. Thanks for the nudge. I’ve been wanting to check it out but haven’t.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Hey NineZee, I’m looking forward to seeing your progress. Any updates?

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Lucero I will post day 3 today. Sorry for delay.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

It’s okay. Just keep moving!

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here is my day 2. See a lot of error. Thick line is drive me nut. I need to focus more and fix it tomorrow.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by 999999999z.
    Josseline JeriaJosseline Jeria
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Keep at it. Some days won’t flow as well with others. Frustration with certain elements can effect the clearness of your mind. consistent daily efforts and practice will pay off in the long term.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

I haven’t had time to watch the tutorials so I’m unfamiliar with the process. I’ll try to watch one so I can comment.

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

Looking good Z! The sight-size process is all about training the eye and hand to work together to recreate what you see. It feels awkward at first, but at the end of the 100 days you will be eating these plates for breakfast.

999999999z
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Here is my Day 3 of Challenge. Tomorrow I will step to next piece. CC are always welcome.

Dana SmithDana Smith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nice! I’m working on the Sight Size course too. The plumbline has been so helpful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.