Natasha’s Applying NMA Studies to 100 Portraits

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Natasha’s Applying NMA Studies to 100 Portraits

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

No 55 and 56. Continuing in Westermoe’s class, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this exercise. I also sketched it in pen because I didn’t want to abandon the medium altogether…I still have a lot to learn there as well.

no 55

no 56

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

No65

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

No 58. Finding the right pen makes all the difference so I’ve been in the process of trying anything I can get my hands on. This is a micron although I don’t remember the size.

no58

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

No 59 I was so focused on the details that I forgot the over-arching harmony and balance of form so there’s a decided off-ness to her, a tilt or something.59

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

No 60 and 61. I’m getting more familiar with watercolor without abandoning the pen because I enjoy it so much.

no 60

no 61

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Number Whatever. I can’t seem to keep count corerctly. Westermoe’s class has been enlightening. It’s a huge benefit to follow along with him as he paints however, I’m still at a point where I need to sketch in pencil in more detail though. no63

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Even though I’ve been drawing nearly every day, I’ve been forgetting to post. Watercolor has been a challenge but somehow relaxing. I could have used a lot more of Westermoe’s class.

no 64

no 65

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Numbers 65, 66, and 67! Really making progress and learning a lot from the challenge. I’ve found a particular love of pen.65

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

I’ve been too busy to post, but I’m still drawing every day. This is number 68…sketch and painting completed for the final demonstration in Westermoe’s watercolor class. Watercolors are fun!

sketch

No 68

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

No. 69. I’m catching up! I’m slowly working through the Russian drawing course so I’m counting this as one of my hundred. It’s a very challenging course.

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Hahahaha. I’m sitting here completely baffled as to why my numbers don’t add up and it’s because I forgot to post two portraits. (facepalm)

I don’t really know what numbers these are supposed to be but they were a fun exercise in pen and then in watercolor.???

in the sixties somewhere

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Seventy something. I’m experimenting with different colors of pens. I start slowly following the form, but then I find myself getting impatient and quickly hatching in the shadows without paying too much attention to direction. I guess that underlayer helps anyhow.72

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Next one in the 100! Some days require a quick sketch. I’m still trying to figure out the struggle of the direction to take the contour lines, shading lines, and cross-contour lines.Next

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Number 74 possibly. Seems I made a huge mistake in not cataloguing them in the beginning and now I’ve lost exact track. For some reason, I find male faces much easier to do. Cross-hatching does tend to lend itself to a coarseness that’s better suited to men.74

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Number 74 and I couldn’t be happier! I mean, yeah, the eye on the left is a little wonky, but the colors sing! I would really love more watercolor classes.

close up

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.