Kat’s 100 Day Challenge, draw or paint

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Kat’s 100 Day Challenge, draw or paint

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Curtis @Curtis Hayes 😊♥️

Day 6/100

About 33 x 45 cm. Mostly Nitram sticks on medium surface Drawing paper. I want to do more charcoal drawings. I like how charcoal feels to draw with. I will experiment with different kinds of charcoal and try to be more loose with it.

Kat’s 100 Days Challenge Day 6

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

You have amazing control with it already absolutely love this! Keep going it’s really great work

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you so much Curtis! I think that what gave me control were the Nitram sticks that I used here. You can sharpen them to a really fine point like a pencil and they do not leave residue powder on your hands, but I will try willow charcoal with compressed charcoal next. Actually I am desperately trying to loose control with my drawings, to loosen up 😅

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 7/100

Evening copies Charles Dana Gibson’s ink drawings.

fineliner 0.3, pentel pocket brush pen

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge 7/100 1Kat’s 100 Day Challenge 7/100 Two

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

I have the opposite problem 😂 to be loose though willow will be much better and maybe some charcoal powder to force you into being a bit looser 👍 we used to do reductive drawings in life drawing where you cover the page with charcoal rub it in, then use the plastic eraser to pull out the highlights. One other tip I picked up was using really cheap rolls of paper like butcher paper it’s great for testing things out and takes away the pressure of producing something you want to keep forever on nice paper I do a fair amount of gesture study’s in this way it great! – your much more skilled than I am but hopefully one of these suggestions is worth a go 😂 👍

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Curtis. I definitely want to try willow and use the reductive technique like you suggested. Soon 🙂 I think that you are talking about newsprint paper, but it is actually not so easy to buy in art stores in Europe. I think that it is not very common here. I am curious about it because I see artists use it. I will definitely look into it, cause I’ve seen it online. Btw I saw your work on the live today. I am exited about the next one, exited and scared haha 😂 I will post mine for critique this time. Hope that you can do it also @Curtis Hayes

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 8/100
    Another Gibson copy past midnight. Didn’t have much time today and I wanted to watch the live stream.

Fountain pen and pentel brush pen on Bristol paper

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge Day 8

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

These are really lovely Kat. Are you familiar with Joseph Clement Coll? His pen and ink work is fabulous.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Paul! No, I will definitely look him up. I love ink art and traditional ink illustration. I love Japanese traditional as well.

Day 9/100

Michelangelo study in graphite pencil

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge Day 9

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Terrific work as always! You are talented in so many different mediums. You really have an impressive range of line quality too.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you so much Jan 😘 You are very kind. Yes, I want to try different things this year.

Corrections, moving things around on Michelangelo’s back and arm study.

A small 15 mn sketch in preparation for the Christ on the Cross master study. I’ll start my 10 hour drawing tomorrow.I know that Joshua said that this type of geometrical drawing is not the Renaissance way, but it’s just easy for me right now. I’ll try to do more egg like shapes, overlapping curvy lines. I toned watercolor paper with a very light grey ink wash.

Kat’s 100 day challenge Day 10

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge Day 10 quick sketch

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

Your master study prep looks really positive, I am looking forward to what everyone produces – I am leaving it till Sunday when I have time so hopefully it doesn’t all go wrong lol I have a feeling you will do a really good job 👍

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Really nice master studies!

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Love your work, keep it up!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.