Kat’s 100 Day Challenge, draw or paint

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Kat’s 100 Day Challenge, draw or paint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    katkat
    Participant
    No points.

I feel really bad about abandoning my 100 day challenge last year. My challenge was a 100 heads. I want to try it again. This time I want to keep it open to any subject. My challenge is to work every day, to devote at least an hour to drawing or painting in any medium every day. I will put a date beside each work. Mediums that I want to work in : graphite pencil, charcoal, watercolor, ink, markers.

My main goal is consistency. Of course I want to improve accuracy, but I realized that at this stage I just need to practice and loosen up instead of chasing an unattainable result.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 1

In my sketchbook.

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge, draw or paint_ Day 1

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 2/100

Finished the drawing I started yesterday, but I can’t manage to upload it.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 2

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your drawings are beautiful. I was following your previous 100 day challenge, which was very impressive. Kudos for starting another one! It seemed like much of your emphasis was on constructive drawing, which is something I’m still working on. I look forward to seeing your new studies for this challenge!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by JanJan.
    katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Jan. Thank you! 🙂 Yes, I remember our conversation 😉 I am happy to be back. It’s the construction that I am not happy with in this one, but that’s ok. I will try to do beter next time. I am trying to get in the mindset of doing the best that I can in the moment, and moving on to the next thing without dwelling on my mistakes. I started studying perspective also. I am liking it so far. I want to go out and draw the city once we get into spring. Thank you for stopping by and commenting )

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 3

Didn’t have much time today. Trying out Michelangelo reference from Discord master study Monday. Conté Sanguine on Drawing paper medium surface.

But it doesn’t want to upload.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Hmmm, nope doesn’t want to upload.

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge 3

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Nice studies Kat. Applaud you for starting the challenge again. I’m trying to finish mine after a few months off, then I’ll start a second 100 day challenge. Looking forward to watching your progress!

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Paul @PaulDidier Thank you for stopping by and commenting. You have some awesome work on your thread. Your quick ink studies are expressive and confident, and the figures you did in graphite are look very cool too. I am truly impressed with your gouache studies as well. It is such a tricky medium for me. It is totally understandable in your situation to have dropped the challenge at the time. You are doing really wonderful work ! Let’s keep going 😉

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

I really admire your hatch-work 😀

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Thank you Daniel!! 😀😀

Day 4/100

Feeling tired today, or is it this study that is making me tired. I may finish it this evening after a pause, but in case I don’t, I wanted to post it. I was planning to put ink over graphite and do it in detail.

Kat’s 100 Days Challenge_4/100

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Day 5/100

The inking of my second attempt at Michelangelo’s seated figure was a terrible disaster. I will not post the result.

I am working on my first charcoal drawing and I can see plenty of mistakes after taking a photo.

Kat’s 100 Day Challenge Day 5

Curtis HayesCurtis Hayes
    Participant
    No points.

The charcoal portrait looks great!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.