Greetings from Sweden.

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Greetings from Sweden.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Everyone!

I’m here for at least 3 months to come. I struggle a lot with my mental health right now and currently taking one day and moment at the time. I reactivated my NMA account this time around to get back to some sort of drawing routine. Drawing and painting is one of the things that has been giving me the important feeling of meaning before, so my goal is to hopefully bring back some of that to my life.

I should probably make a promise to myself here to try and

• at least publish one thing

So far I have taken part in courses by Glenn Vippu and Steve Huston, love’em both. My biggest struggle is usually staying focused as I tend to get very restless after a few minutes and wanting to start drawing as fast as possible.

I’ll keep you updated on how it goes!

Cheers!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by marieflood91marieflood91.
    marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

My dogs

First publication to go. Drawings of my two dogs after watching the Glenn Vilppu video on youtube –> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAboZuZTLUg

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marie

Glad your back , many people are finding it tough especially lately ,

And as you say art can be very theraputic your drawing of your dogs is lovely you have skills ! Not easy to draw animals I normally stick to landscape I live on the coast and still life

I got Steadtler Mars lumagraph pencils for Christmas they are lovely

Look forward to seeing more of your lovely art and possibly pets

Hope we all have a lovely new year

Best wishes

Tim

marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Checking in! Today I have been hanging out at the local shopping mall in our town drawing people in motion. I have mainly been focusing on catching movement/line of action as both Glenn Vilppu and Steve Huston keeps talking about. I have also been playing around with how I hold the pen and sit, inspired by the Complete Russian Academic Drawing Approach.

I’ll keep watching several courses parallelly, tackling that focus problem I have, choosing the course I feel mostly drawn to at the moment.

fast motion sketchessketches people

To Tim:
    Thank you for checking in and leaving such a lovely comment. I’m glad to find a forum where people take the time to write one another, it motivates me. Let me know how the new pencils work for you! I sure put my hopes on 2021 being better than this year.

Best,
    Marie

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marie

Great new Oxford vaccine is 95% effective millions of doses to be rolled out early January worlwide its non profit and easy to store ♥️♥️ very positive

Love seeing your drawings of a swedish mall what was the person on wheels chair doing?

Best wishes Tim

marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yes! They started vaccinating the first person yesterday here. Its a woman cutting hair, she was cutting it on an infant in his mothers lap.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Marie

On a technical note the gesture in these drawings is very prominent giving them life so they have an immediacy

Take care

Tim

marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Checking in! Today I went to the local art supply shop and bought high quality papers for the Complete Russian Academic Drawing Approach.  I also bought two wooden plywood boards to mount them on and some papertape. There was a couple of years since i did this last and I look forward to be working bigger and on paper that manage quite some erasing.

I also bought some different pencils. The shop owner suggested buying “Tombow, highest quality <homo-graph> Mono100” pencils from Japan. Apparently someone had told him that they are the best in the biz. I bought 2B as is recommended in the Russian Drawing course. Let me know if you want me to get back to you on the quality or if anyone out there has tried them, let me know what you think!

artsupplies and preparations

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by marieflood91marieflood91.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by marieflood91marieflood91.
    marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Checking in! Some casual sketches of my dogs from yesterday. I also posted two pieces here https://www.nma.art/forums/topic/anatomy-and-rendering-feedback/

that I’d love to get some feedback on. To add to the community I’m open to provide feedback in the form of draw-overs. If this is of any interest to you, please comment with a link to your piece.

dogs animals

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Marie

I like your dog drawings your figure drawing is very free

marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi!
    So I’m checking in, one week and two days later than I planned. Checking in everyday is probably set up to fail. My inner critic is good at getting the best out of me. I’ve been in here watching some courses though. Almost finished Glenn Vilppu’s anatomy lectures. I have also started the Head Drawing for Entertainment class (sketchbook practice underneath) along with Steve Hustons Introduction to painting. I know I am a bit all over the place, but I need to take things as it comes and watch what feels most inspiring at the moment.

Past week I’ve also been to my local artshop (again) and bought some acrylics supplies. I have drawn some at coffee shops, drawn fast gestures while watching tv. I’m currently struggle with seeing and applying the terminator line when working with light and shadows.

My biggest focus right now is to just do some little drawing related thing everyday and to be nice to myself while I’m drawing.

portrait sketch

Sketch of my fiance and our dog Lilo taking a nap:

Some acrylics on paper, my dogs Lilo and Nimbus.

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Greetings.

I like your focus – just draw everyday and be nice to yourself while you are doing it.

Nice drawings by the way.  Keep up the good work.  Often, the drawings I enjoy doing the most end up looking the worst because when I am doing them I don’t care how they turn out.  You have to give your self permission to let go and just draw a bunch of junk, but have a bunch of fun doing it once in a while.  At least for me anyway.

Good luck, and keep drawing.

marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Erik, your words warms my heart. I feel encourage knowing its a shared experience.

marieflood91marieflood91
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Checking in! I’m continuing to apply the knowledge from Glenn Vilppus course when drawing people and anatomy. Also I’m exploring light and shadow with inspiration from the Russian approach (although I’m not following it fully). Hope you guys are well and let me know if you have any feedback!

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

The portrait Oh that’s great you are a good Artist

It jumps off the page good Job Marie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.