Carlise’s 100 Day Challenge: Bargue Plates

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carlise’s 100 Day Challenge: Bargue Plates

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31 – Went back to Bargue for this one, probably going to revisit some of the ones I did previously along with new ones.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 33:

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

Hi Carlise, Love day 33 here – one can really feel the solidity of the form with the dense value on the cheek, lips and nose.  Nice work!  Is that a smoother paper you’ve used than the one you used for Day 32? To mind my the smoothness is better.  I think the original Bargues plates are very smooth like photographs, if memory serves.

Best wishes,

David.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, David! Nice observation!! I did switch from my toned papers to white sketch because I am running low on my toned papers. I think they are both the same smoothness. However, I did switch to a softer graphite mixed with a soft charcoal. I think this may have caused those tones to be deeper. I did the same with my days 34-35 (below), however in my slight rush with filling in my shade the charcoal streaked a bit. I’m still getting used to the change.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 36-37

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 39:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 40 – taking a lil break to finish a painting, be back soon:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 41-42:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Now that restrictions are being lifted my time to commit to this has dwindled. I will do my best to stay with Bargue but I may only have time for a sketch a day. Day 43, a conte crayon:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 44:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 45:

Andres CabanosAndres Cabanos
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These studies are wonderful Carlise. Great work. The only thing I would suggest is to slow down and spend a little more time on these Bargues. Leo mentioned in one of the videos explaining that our eyes become fixated and exhausted in a partiar area so we loose sight of the bigger picture whether in shape or value. Instead of executing the drawing all in one day I actually give myself about two or three days to complete it but within each day I promise myself that I would only spend about 1 hour and a half on it. That way when I return to the drawing I can do so with fresh eyes. Also make sure to step back every now and then if your drawing from an easel. Accuracy in the drawing does not come from skill but how much you spend looking and comparing. However with enough practice you will be able to notice these errors sooner and start to build up speed. But as for now take a moment to look. 🙂

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much, Andres for taking the time to encourage me! Truly appreciate it! Months ago I had more time on my hands to commit to working hours/days at a time on 1 plate but I’m in the middle of packing up school and rewriting curriculum so we can move to a different building end of summer. My time is so limited now but I don’t want to stop practicing. I may come back to Bargue at a later date, for now I will do what I can to keep the momentum going. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.