Carlise’s 100 Day Challenge: Bargue Plates

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Carlise’s 100 Day Challenge: Bargue Plates

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Annie Survis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

These are really good! I did some of the sight-size exercises. They are really challenging! I’m really impressed that you’re getting a plate done every day!

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, Annie! It’s a good challenge! I manage it by breaking the easier ones down to a couple sessions throughout the day. 1st session is the line sketching and 2nd is the values. I know once I get into the more challenging ones I’ll need to break it up into a couple/few days. 🙂

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 9 – The next plates after this baby head are larger and more involved. I’ll be breaking up my progress with them over a couple days, mainly to stay consistent and not allow myself to rush through them:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Working on my 10th day. I will break this one into 2 parts since it’s a much more advanced Bargue plate. Part 1: sketch and dark value placement. (Tomorrow Part 2 will be mid value, details and highlights.)

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Nursed a migraine yesterday so I’m behind on my progress a bit. Hoping to get back at it today. Day 11:

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 12 and feeling much better! Really took my time with the finish of this. Definitely was a true challenge! Bargue’s head casts are no joke and extremely intense, lol!

Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thats great Carlise. Very nice tonal values. Perhaps the one area I would look at again for precision, is the lips.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you so much, Shazad!!

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 13 (part 1)…this is not done, it is just a rough sketch and rough tones. Working on finding a process that works for me. So this is done slightly different than how I did my others. I will work on cleaning up shapes and tones and blend for day 14.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14 – couldn’t get a better photo from my phone, sorry! Also, I switched over to doing these on newspaper and it seems to warp easily.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 15 and 16. It’s not perfect but happy because I really focused on relying on my gut rather than sight size. This one was by far the most challenging of all the ones so far! I’m exhausted, lol!!

David CarterDavid Carter
    Participant
    100 Day Art Challenge Participant Badge
    No points.

You’re doing great Carlise!  Keep going!

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks, David…same to you!

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17, went back to sight size. This is all I have time for for today.

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 18-21 This was the toughest one yet! It made me doubt all my capabilities and put me in a bit of depression. However, I soldiered on and finished it. I might redo this down the road to try to overcome the mental hurdle it put me through. Looking forward to doing something a little more calming!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.