Basic Drawing Tools and Materials

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Basic Drawing Tools and Materials

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor Steve Huston will provide you an introduction to starting your journey as an artist. You will join Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefsky, and Catherine Bobkoski in exploring various tools and materials that artists use to draw. You will also learn different ways to set up your drawing studio.

This lesson belongs to the course Drawing Foundation I. This course is designed to empower new students with a structured approach to learning how to draw. Join instructors Steve Huston, Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefsky, Catherine Bobkoski,  Bill Perkins, Joshua Jacobo, and Mark Westermoe as you learn the fundamentals of perspective, rendering, and composition. After completing this course, you will develop a solid foundation in drawing.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi,

The first assignment is to include pictures of my studio (a bedroom & spillover into family & kitchen) and some of my work. I’ve only been painting 2 years. I’ve been experimenting w different media to find what I best like. (I started as therapy for a neurological disability that affects my large and small motor skills.) I currently work with acrylic brush painting, acrylic pouring, watercolor & soft pastels. I’m self taught from YouTube & occasionally participate in a seniors group acrylic painting club. I’m looking forward to dramatically improving my technical skills & compositions.

Hopefully I can attach the requested photos of some of my work and art room.  Geotsalitis-1st animal portrait-March2023 -Canyon

Geotsalitis-Fantasy Acrylic 16*20" stretched canvas

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sorry,

I’m still trying to figure out how to use these assignments respi se pages. How do I upload more than one picture when requested to show many?

I’ll put one of my studio here to and then see if I can do better using Discord which I’ve also never used before.

Geotsalitis - desk angle of my art room

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Geotsalitis-DesertLandscape2023

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Geotsalitis-DenDisplayWall

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Geotsalitis-1stAnimalPortrait-Canyon

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Geotsalitis-FirstArtShow-Dec2022<!–more–>

Marcia Geotsalitis
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Geotsalitis-Small Watercolors

Dean Mougianis
    Participant
    No points.

Hi, my name is Dean Mougianis and I’m uploading photos of my workspace and some of my art – as assigned.  Pleased to meet you.  Workspace:

My workspace

Dean Mougianis
    Participant
    No points.

Watercolor Fishing Scene

Dean Mougianis
    Participant
    No points.

Watercolor Dolphin

Dean Mougianis
    Participant
    No points.

Snowy Shed

Dean Mougianis
    Participant
    No points.

Fall Trees

Dean Mougianis
    Participant
    No points.

Filmore Street

Jon Gregerson
    Participant
    No points.

Hi my name is Priya! Happy to meet all of you. As a college student- I have limited space, but here is my workspace + a current painting I’m working on. I’ve never taken a painting class so I’m excited to take some courses to improve my skills! Have a great week everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.