André’s 100 Day Challenge: speeding up!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge André’s 100 Day Challenge: speeding up!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Human figure painting to renew my crativity. Will be getting back to my 100 daya challenge shortly with more landscapes.

Loved the pose of this model!

Day 39

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 40

Blocked in some masses to start on this one. Now i think the sky could lighten up a bit, and so could this tree shadow in the foreground.

Day 40

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 41

Started on a second layer for this one

Day 41

Iliya MirochnikIliya Mirochnik
    Participant
    Instructor Badge
    No points.

Hey Andre,

I’m really liking the paint handling and colors in this last portrait. I also quite like the face and head. I just wanted to do a draw-over for some important corrections that need to be done in the figure. They’re mainly just about nudging some stuff into place but I think with these changes made, this could really become a solid figure painting. Now I did these changes without the reference, so it’s just from my own understanding of proportions and anatomy. But do check my corrections against the reference you’re using.

Good luck! And I’ll be checking in!

Iliya

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 43

Finished the second layer in the head. Thinking about maybe following up with a third layer later on. Let’s see how I’ll feel about it tomorrow

Days 42 and 43

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Oh, I only now saw your comment Iliya, thank you for taking the time! It seems to me your torso corrections fell greatly in place with the reference, as did the model’s right arm in your correction. I think his left arm is somewhere between your correction and what I have. I’ll try fixing that on the third layer later on, thanks again for your advice!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 43 for real, the last one was actually 42

Went for a 2nd layer in djurgården, Stockholm

Day 43

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 44 out of a 100 days of art

Olivia, first layer, maybe the only one.

Not happy woth the shadows really, so will probably make a new layer to fix that and try to add some more details to her fur, maybe. Surely trying to represent her whiskers if there’s a second layer

Day 44

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 45, 46, 47 and 48!
    Uf, that took a while
    Second attempt at a cloudy day, this time with more details. This image is from when I decided to go back home from work by bike (25km that became 35km). The intention was finding a spot to paint, but when I found it I had to run from the rain. So I had to paint from a picture and memory. The bike trip was pretty nice and even the rain was quite soft and refreshing. This is the face of the end of summer here in Stockholm in this most crazy year of 2020.

Days 45 to 48

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 49 and 50

“trying my hand” on something new. Please don’t judge my poor pun. Next step is lightening up everything and maybe adding a spoon close to that conch. Feels like there’s something missing there

Days 49 and 50

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 51 and 52

Started on this figures in a street bench

Still a lot to happen there, but here’s the process

Days 51 and 52

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 53

Trying to get the whole painting a bit more harmonised, and decreasing the contrast. Almost done with the second layer

Day 53

S
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi André, this one is beautifull! I love the gradient from warm to colder colors and the vibrant ligthning on the wall, … it’s really really nice 🙂

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Simon! The gradation was quite experimental, I’m glad you liked it!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 54 and 55

I wasn’t gonna consider those part of the challenge, but since I’m kinda stuck in this challenge I’ll actually shift my objective to painting or drawing some 10min to half an hour everyday. That’s a bit more doable in my current life dynamics.

So, I started watching the Rey’s Anatomy course, which is super interesting! So I’ll try learning about our bodies before moving to a human figure drawing course.

Here’s what I’ve been learning so far:

Day 54

Legs

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.