André’s 100 Day Challenge: speeding up!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge André’s 100 Day Challenge: speeding up!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24

Did a color thumbnail for this one which I actually feel helped me understand the composition better before painting it

Day 24

Thumbnails

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 25, 26 and 27

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Shared the process of these days here:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CATfk-tgH71/?igshid=62edk1x2ltab

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Days 28, 29 and 30

My next 10(or so) days of this challenge I’ll work on a large project I started a while ago. Figured that’s a good time to move it forward.

Days 28, 29 and 30

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31

Moving forward with a project that has been stopped for a while. Any criticism will br greatly appreciated!

Day 31

ZHI SUZHI SU
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Love this painting! Hope you keep working on it. The left foot of the girl on the left seems a bit disconnected from the leg?

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Zhi Su! Yeah, I certainly will! I think I see what you mean, about the left foot, I’ll put it in the bucket list for what to do in this painting. Just spent half an hour analysing it today and found several changes I want to do even on a composition level. But the exact next step will be finish up covering the foreground gray scale under painting

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32

Not really happy with the colors in the banch and grass but right now I’m just concentrated in covering the foreground grays, then hopefully I’ll adjust the colours later on. And I’ll probably change a lot of the background, that will hopefully make the composition come together nicer.

Day 32

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 33

Painted in a base color for the foreground and started reducing the grass area, and neutralizing it a bit to try to make the foreground pop up. Next step is a total remake of the background to fit the composition better. Got some ideas in my mind.

Day 32

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 34

Redesigned the background. Now I can see the composition falling into place, will make the middle ground tomorrow.

Day 34

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 35

Arrived in the composition I was looking for, kind of. Now is time to play with the colors in the foreground and add some variations here and there

Day 35

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 36

Fidling with the skins

Day 36

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 37

After a week and a half hiatus due to several things happening at once I finally managed to resume the challenge. Since I’ve been really busy lately, I realized I was breaking the habit I was just starting to create, so what I will do is reduce my time painting to at least 10min a day. So from now on there will be smaller iterations taking place in this piece, but I’ll come back to enforcing doing that everyday

Even though I might have to take another break from it soon.

Anyways day 37 was one of these small iterations

Comming back

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 38

Another small iteration. Working in the main axis of interest and trying to connect the foreground to the background, also bringing the background to life. Kinda want to get right of all that plain gray both in the foreground and background and do some basic work in those facades.

Posting both today due to forgot to post on the 37th and maintenance yesterday. Today I should do the 39th

Day 38

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Get rid* of the gray

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.